Turbo Busa

chazzer

Registered
Hi fellow Busa enthusiasts. I have a 2011 Busa and want to know a fair price (labor as well) for a turbo stage 1 using RCC out of Indiana. They are asking 4500 for the kit, to get 230 hp at the wheel and what is fair for labor, a grand? I had a guy out here saying 7k OTD. Seems way high.
Also, I want more like high 200 hp on pump gas and reliable. I understand I need springs and such also to get past 270 hp or so. What would be a fair price to do that?
Please advise.
Thanks,
Chazzer

Last edited:
understand that WHO does the work is important... and the lowest bidder isn't always the way to go.... and make sure whoever does the work can tune it... or tells you WHO specifically is going to tune it... this is a MAJOR thing.. the tune... many claim to be able to tune a turbo bike.. few do a good job.

Sorry, I don’t know. Maybe someone (will answer) your question instead of giving you an unwarranted counseling session.
its a public forum... I'm trying to help so he doesn't make mistakes and end up in a bad spot..... and no.. 7 grand doesn't seems outrageous... 4500 for kit... 1000 for labor... whatever accessories u added on.. like a bov.. whatever..... PLUS the good tune... and tax

Cheap, fast, reliable. Pick 2

Frank @ powerhouse does amazing work, and I believe boosted cycles out of Houston does as well. Good luck in your adventure

The installation is actually not that hard at all if you are JUST doing the RCC stage 1 kit. The instructions are great and easy to follow. Longest/most difficult part of the install would probably be modifying the stock fuel pump/drilling the well, and drilling the oil pan.
Tuning is a different issue though. What platform are you going to use? ECU editor or other options? That also depends on who can tune it.

Figure out what you plan on spending, then double it. As stated, find the best person for the job, not the cheapest. This hobby is to exspensive to learn that lesson the hard way. I put my bike in the back of a truck and drive few hours to Frank @ Powerhouse for my tuning. It's worth every second on the road and couldn't be happier. I did all the work myself and think I spend around $7K from the time I started and the time it came off the dyno tuned and ready to ride.

RCC is the only reputable kit to get. 4500 is a very fair price for the quality and hp. But ad a BOV so everyone can hear that nice psssssst!

7k sounds like alot. But that's pretty realistic. Since you need to add tax, larbor, dyno tune, other small poop.
7K includes the kit, upgraded blow off valve, spacer plate, clutch springs, slave support, cam sprockets, PCV, wide band 2, the tune, a couple oil changes (im OCD about oil), boost and fuel pressure gauges, bracket for gauges ect. Basically everything. This is also a gen 1 RCC kit. Not sure how much difference in a gen 2....

these op's man.... this guy did one post... never to be heard from again.... I think there are a lot of teens and 20 somethings wanting to go turbo that are just dreaming.....

7K includes the kit, upgraded blow off valve, spacer plate, clutch springs, slave support, cam sprockets, PCV, wide band 2, the tune, a couple oil changes (im OCD about oil), boost and fuel pressure gauges, bracket for gauges ect. Basically everything. This is also a gen 1 RCC kit. Not sure how much difference in a gen 2....
Doen't the Gen 2 need upgraded valves too?

Doen't the Gen 2 need upgraded valves too?
Also will require valve springs over a certain boost level. Frank had gen 2 on his mind when I was there and was concerned about doing 15lbs on stock springs, until his brain caught up with him and he remembered he was tuning a gen 1. I'm also not sure what psi starts pushing the intake valves open. But appearently that's a thing on gen 2's.

Back