Turbo busa will not start

Vspec

Registered
OK last nite coming home around the M25 J10 accelerated away in 5th on low boost (10psi) at around 6000rpm it seemed to rev then backfired and will not start.
After investigation this morning, NO fluid leaks, turns over and no noises from engine on turning, compression on all 4 the same, spark on all plugs (changed 3 weeks ago) No pipes blown off.
It run on Seans Turbo Day at 18psi to 10000 with no probs.

Any ideas guys without stripping engine?

Will double check fueling map this afternoon with the laptop!

Do you have fuel pressure?
rock.gif

Its a 99/2000 and I have already unplugged the PC USB and no joy. My friends coming round later and I will nick his ECU and try that otherwise I am stumpped

All the basics seem to be there but it just does not fire, fuel spark compression, I have taken off the inlet pipe so the plenum is open to atmosphere so it should at least cough or something.

Alright,the next things would check, would be the nuetral safety switch and the tilt switch at the back of the tank.

Ok yep checked that, I think i will go back to the bike and bypass all the little safety bits like that and see what happens

Yep I know Sean @ Bigcc and Jack @ Holeshot who built the engine but its Bank hoiliday weekend here and everything SHUT until tuesday
1zhelp.gif

I will be contacting them next week

Right checked every plug i can see and tried her but no joy.

Tried starting her with wide open throttle and she fires but only reaches 1000rpm or about the dies will only do this on WOT whilst starting, Me thinks the cam timing has slipped has it has a manual tensioner on her. as It has 8:1 JE pistons i think there is enough room for her to rotate with out hitting the valves. also inlet cam wheel does not exactly line up with the head but it has Holeshot adjustable wheels on her so I will have to wait until I speak to Jack on Tuesday,

Thanx to nitrousjunkie for his assistance. Won,t be in Dubai for a while but will contact you when I am.

Will update on the problem as and when its sorted

Thanx and best regards Alan

Update :-
Cam sensor interchanged no good
Crank sensor checked within limits no good
Cam timing checked satis no good
Alarm imobiliser check (Fuel pump relay) no good
Looking now for an ECU to try
sad.gif

Update :-
Cam sensor interchanged no good
Crank sensor checked within limits no good
Cam timing checked satis no good
Alarm imobiliser check (Fuel pump relay) no good
Looking now for an ECU to try
sad.gif
I had one mate but I gave it away.Let us know when you get it sorted.

Its really beginning to P*** me off now so I will jump for joy if she ever starts again and let you guys know the reason
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|Vspec
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157209102 -->

Back