Turbo busa will not start

Not yet but even if it was at 50% it would still fire and run
race.gif

ECU tried in my friends bike and it starts no problem. Now down to tracing every wire unless someone can tell me what sensor would stop it starting and I,ve checked the crank angle resistance and continuity all the way to the ECU and its fine. Swapped cam sensors with my friends and it still don,t start.

Now looking at finding a spare loom to rule that out

All Sorted  

I knew my cam chain had been set too loose but when we stripped the engine expecting to find bent valves and dented pistons,

We were amazed NO DAMAGE VISIBLE!!!!!    
bowdown.gif

So finding this hard to belive we took out 16 valves and took them to a engineering shop and had them checked for straightness, all 100% straight.    
bowdown.gif

So we took the barrells off and checked rings and pistons NO DAMAGE    
bowdown.gif

Carrillo rods NO DAMAGE      
bowdown.gif

So time to rebuild after looking at everything else, all goes OK untill the head build, because I had the valves faced we lapped them in and then went ahead to shim them out.

Exhaust went OK and all sorted but we dropped the inlet in and it just looked a little crooked at the cam wheel  

Turned out that the cam wheels are pressed onto my cams and have 2 small tack welds to secure them in place.  

How we think it went, accell up to 95mph (150kph) in 5th (10psi boost) then change into 6th. Due to loose cam chain when the engine was unloaded as I closed the throttle to select 6th the chain whipped and when I opened the throttle it snapped into place causing the cam wheel welds to break and rotate the inlet wheel 90 degrees on the cam.

It ended up in such a position that nothing actually touched when I tried to start her.    
bowdown.gif

Wheel now pressed back on with a lot better weld now in place and over the winter she shall be treated to a new set of bigger cams and wheels.    

Will put the engine in over the next week and she should purr once again.  

I would like to thank everyone who took an interest and tried to help.

She actually is featured in a mag over here in the UK called Streetfighters due on sale on the 5th Oct.

I will post some pics in the appearance section as she has heavily modded bodywork.

Best regards Alan  

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Back