Turbo builders/tuners in NJ area?

JG1

Registered
Hey guys.

I just sold my R1 and am looking to buy a Gen II Busa pronto. I'm interested in turbo'ing it ASAP, probably just a stage 1 to keep it reliable for street riding.

Any good Turbo builders/tuners in the NJ area, particularly South Jersey / Philadelphia area?

Here's my R1, she'll be missed but not for long.

IMG_1636.jpg

Did you find a tuner/ builder in the area? Im looking for one as well in that area. Let me know if you find one

i would definetly not reccomend Carpenter Racing. i had a bad experience there. he built me a turbo motor and it was a mess. the pistons fit so sloppy in the block you could move them back and forth with your fingers! I would reccomend Mike Slowe, dont have a number or address for you but i know hes in the philly area. i had mine built by Powerhouse Cycles in Long Island, but im sure thats a long trip for you.

:whistle: There is a very nice orange/black 08-09 turbo for sale ...I believe its a member here...I think for Indiana

Last edited:
I think Carl is still in Philly off of I-95.

yea ive been by his shop. hes got a small simple shop and had a turbo busa being built at that moment. i wasnt really feeling his attitude towards tuning my bike- seemed a bit irritated but who knows.

POWERHOUSE MOTORCYCLES will be more than happy to tune your bike. We have many customers from Jersey, Connecticut,upstate, PA, etc. who come here to have custom maps done or other work on their turbo bikes. Our shop is large, and all bikes are inside at all times. I personally do all the dyno tuning, and I care about how your bike runs when I am done! We have been building and tuning turbo bikes since 1978 . . . check our website!:cheerleader:

yea ive been by his shop. hes got a small simple shop and had a turbo busa being built at that moment. i wasnt really feeling his attitude towards tuning my bike- seemed a bit irritated but who knows.

Think he closed down anyways..

POWERHOUSE MOTORCYCLES will be more than happy to tune your bike. We have many customers from Jersey, Connecticut,upstate, PA, etc. who come here to have custom maps done or other work on their turbo bikes. Our shop is large, and all bikes are inside at all times. I personally do all the dyno tuning, and I care about how your bike runs when I am done! We have been building and tuning turbo bikes since 1978 . . . check our website!:cheerleader:
I may have to hit ya up? How much for a turbo-tune? I think I can use another one...long story

Think he closed down anyways..

No surprise

Back