Turbo bike with HMF big bird pipe

Blake051300

Registered
I have 85% of what I need for my winter turbo install. I've rode both of my friends turbo bikes and both have dumps. I got the big bird and am just wondering if any of you have that pipe on your turbo bike or if you have any sound clips with it on. I'll obviously get to hear it when my bikes done but I'm not known for my patience and would like to hear it now.

talk to bigrod1300. in fact, i'm surprised he hasn't chimed in yet.

I had it on my bike for the first 3 1/2 years,just changed it over the winter.
The big-bird is the perfect noise level,wisper quiet off throttle(hwy),modest noise level at speed(throttled). Think 1/3 of the way between a yosh pipe(quiet) and a muzzy,brocks,etc.
Not offensive in the least,very steathly, yet distinctive tone.
Would never consider a dump pipe unless it was a race bike. Or if I had 2 turbo bikes:laugh:

This is what I went to for a little less back-pressure,a little more noise.Still on the quiet side.Turbos are great that way,naturally silencing.:bowdown: :beerchug:

dragon's tail-moonshine 018.jpg

DSC02199.jpg

DSC02286.jpg

talk to bigrod1300. in fact, i'm surprised he hasn't chimed in yet.

I had the HMF on before turbo, but they where NOT the bigbirds. My turbo set up now is DUMP and love it. If I would run an exhaust on it...deff be a cut BigBird:beerchug: THe HMF one style or the others..have deep throtty sound that youll love

I should clarify,not having ridden a dump pipe bike.
For me noise,ground clearance(twistys),touring and stinkfoot:laugh: would keep me from having one. I would love a twin bike(dump) for all the opp. reasons. :beerchug:

Thanks for the insight. The dumps look cool but I must be getting old and just want the pipe instead. (Only 31 but what other explanation could there be)

I made the dumps match up with the Kanji on the side. Same angle that is... Always watch for details.

But to your orig thread...if running full exhaust on a turbo, you cant go wrong with the BigBird HMF!

DSC00870.jpg

Last edited:
Back