turbo+ big tire

I have seen these setups for the past few years. Who owns a turbo+ 240mm+ rear tired bike who races it? What times? Having a hard time believing things I have been reading elsewhere.

the only guy I know running this who would be willing to chat in public about it is Bill Warner but he's a LSR guy not 1/4 mile guy :beerchug:

I have seen these setups for the past few years. Who owns a turbo+ 240mm+ rear tired bike who races it? What times? Having a hard time believing things I have been reading elsewhere.

I ride on 240 but the turbo is not on yet. I wouldn't think there would be any advantage to using it on a drag strip but on the street I'm sure it hooks better considering its heavier and has a larger contact patch. I can't see why it wouldn't

I ride on 240 but the turbo is not on yet. I wouldn't think there would be any advantage to using it on a drag strip but on the street I'm sure it hooks better considering its heavier and has a larger contact patch. I can't see why it wouldn't

I see the disadvantage is the damage that your setup is prone to have...damaged output shafts, chains, cush drives, bearing etc etc etc etc because of the offsets and new directional stress forces added the bike wasn't engineered to handle in OEM form.

Of course this is theory...guy on ebay is claim 500+ rwhp and 8sec tiem slips....

just curious how its holding together...physics is againist him.

I see the disadvantage is the damage that your setup is prone to have...damaged output shafts, chains, cush drives, bearing etc etc etc etc because of the offsets and new directional stress forces added the bike wasn't engineered to handle in OEM form.

Of course this is theory...guy on ebay is claim 500+ rwhp and 8sec tiem slips....

just curious how its holding together...physics is againist him.

I'm assuming anybody thats putting out enough horsepower to tear stuff up is going to put a heavy duty output shaft in the bike anyway, Richard at RCC doesn't seem to worry if the bike has a big tire kit so thats good enough for me

I'm assuming anybody thats putting out enough horsepower to tear stuff up is going to put a heavy duty output shaft in the bike anyway, Richard at RCC doesn't seem to worry if the bike has a big tire kit so thats good enough for me

why would he worry? Is he warranting the turbo kit or the tire kit?

I have heard of hd output shafts twisted.....fyi.

why would he worry? Is he warranting the turbo kit or the tire kit?

I have heard of hd output shafts twisted.....fyi.

well i don't wanna piss in your breakfast milk...so just run a 190 back tire and stop worrying about it. Nothing in this industry is 100%bullet proof

I have bent 2 shafts and using a 200. A 240 would help to bend the shaft a little more I am positive. I am wondering how stretched that 500hp with the 240 tire is.

Back