Turbo article in sport rider

JimGnitecki

Registered
This month's Sport Rider magazine has an article on how the magazine staff installed a turbo kit. Net result was 228hp and 203 mph.

If you are thinking about a turbo, it's a good article that describes honestly the complexity of the work to be done to install one, and also what happens if you screw up (they destroyed 2 cylinders, and had to replace the cylinder block before they finally got patient and did it RIGHT).

The article also verifies that BOTH the fuel system AND the CPU on the 2002 model Hayabusa are different than on the 2001.

Jim G

I read that article - the damage was done because they opted to NOT wait for the PCIIIr that is required with the 2002. I am trying to figure out how to squirrel away $3500 without the wife finding out. They even emphasized how smooth and normal the bike acted at part throttle and said that it was as smooth as stock under 4500 rpms (it was smooth above, just a hell of a lot more powerful). 133 ft-lbs of torque. Yep, my Busa will be under pressure this winter!!

lachen011.gif

I WONDER WHAT THAT WILL DO FOR MY 2001 WITH MY SET UP RIGHT NOW I HAVE 240 H/P WITH OUT THE TURBO
wow.gif
SO I WOULD LOVE TO ADD THE EXTRA H/P TO MY SICK FAST BUSA.....
aktion035.gif

Hey Thensum, nice to hear your still around Hows your little girl?
Still trying to nick your bike (he.he.he)
Pete

Little girls doing great !!!Bike is in the shop right now putting a full wet system on it It is going to be close to 300h/p when I get it back...Mabey more
biggrin.gif
I cant wait till next week to get her back.. going from the shop to the track .. I will post my dyno chart to show ya...And a time slip...Hang on when I hit the nitro,well hang on without...see ya l8tr

I WANT TO GET AROUND 8:30 IN THE QUARTER I HOPE THIS WILL DO THE TRICK  
ernaehrung019.gif
 IF NOT I WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED IN A MID TO HIGH EIGHT.. CAUSE THAT IS FLYING
waffen036.gif
WILL KEEP YA POSTED
biggrin.gif
RIDE SAFE FLY WITH GRACE
lachen011.gif

DID NOT KNOW WE WERE TALKING ON LINE .. SORRY OR WOULD HAVE CHATED A BIT MO5RE.. WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED? LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO BE ONLINE AGAIN AND I WILL TRY TO GET ON AT THAT TIME..

Back