turbo/240 kit

E-ROC

Registered
Anybody have experience with 240 kit on a turbo bike. The kit came with a 18" rear tire. 48 tooth sprocket to offset the bigger tire and extra weight. 8" extension. My question is in regards to traction. Currently working with tire pressure and shock adjustments. Wondering what you guys think about the 48 tooth sprocket. The jump from stock seems a bit much, but i have no experience with this situation. Thank you

Not so much the traction but your riding style. Straight line or hitting the curves or both. 240 does not handle well.

Little hint for yea, just because you have a Turbo..dont always post in this section. You may get more answers in others. If your stuntin...the 48t would be fine, but I dont think thats what your after. The Turbo should have plenty of torge, go down to between stock and 43t sprocket. My 330 kit came with a 45t and even with that meat it just light it up. I change down to a steel 43t sprocket...much better now. Only tacking 45 - 4800 at 80mph on highway and I can still light up the tire if wanted. Im sure some of the Turbo guys will chime in here soon, if not use
easybutton.png

lol1.gif
I actualy spoke with e-roc at the gym about his question. He does have a good reason for asking. The 240 tire is a bit taller than stock tire, that puts a new twist into the gearing. He is running now a taller tire, 17t/48t sprocket and thinking of going 18t/48t. I thought some else would have chimed in buy now on this.

No matter if your running the 240-300-330 or stock if your motors blowing off the tire on the street take gear out of it exactly how much is a geuss but even with the big tire 48 is a bunch, even stage 1 turbos have all sorts of power you just don't need that much gear

A guy i know has a 240 on a turbo zx9, says its a hard tire and spins up easy,lasts well though.
I think your traction probs are a combo of the +8 and hard tire.

Back