Turbo 2002 busa

M rod

Registered
I just put a turbo on my bike and when i first start it it runs like its rich or lean. I'll give it some gas and it will die. So, I will turn the key to off and restart and sometimes it will run just fine or it will do the same thing.

Also im having trouble with the fuel pump vapor locking. I have to wait about 30 min before restarting. It has only happened a few times, usually afer a long ride or just sitting and not going down the road.

Any info would be helpful
Mrod

Vapor locking
Hot fuel is boiling in the fuel rail after the engine is shut off and the ECU isn't cycling the pump long enough to clear it out when you try to restart the engine. One fix is to rewire the pump to a keyed 12v source rather than the ECU. This way you can let the pump run a little longer before hitting the starter button.

http://www.AzBikeTech.com

<!--EDIT|Gary Evans
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125339903 -->

Have you had the system tunned yet?? Don't go out and use trial by error you may melt your motor.

I just put a turbo on my bike and when i first start it it runs like its rich or lean. I'll give it some gas and it will die. So, I will turn the key to off and restart and sometimes it will run just fine or it will do the same thing.

Also  im having trouble with the fuel pump vapor locking. I have to wait about 30 min before restarting. It has only happened a few times, usually afer a long ride or just sitting and not going down the road.

Any info would be helpful
Mrod
I had it tuned and it is all good to go. 6-7psi and just 226 hp at the wheel and 136 tq. Not bad for around here.

The start up condition happens all the time if the bike is hot or cold. Usually i turn the key on and hit the start and it runs like crap, so i will kill it with the key and try again and it sometimes fine. This is driving me nutts.
Mrod

wrap the pump and surrounding lines and filter with some heat resistant tape. I also had a vapor lock problem on really hot days. Solved my issue 99 %.

only time it happens now is on 100+ degree days and it sits for about 30 min after a hard ride.

wrap the pump and surrounding lines and filter with some heat resistant tape.  I also had a vapor lock problem on really hot days.  Solved my issue 99 %.

only time it happens now is on 100+ degree days and it sits for about 30 min after a hard ride.
OK I'll try it thanks
what is your fuel preassure at...? Should be running about 45 PSI or so... If it is low, it will just die...

If it was a vapor lock issue, it would probably only happen when the engine is warm... ;) I am sensing something else here...

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125451608 -->

Back