Tuning Issues Huge Power Loss

Shawn721

Registered
Sorry for my first post wrote while frustrated. I installed R77 full exhaust on 2014 hayabusa. I also installed power commander v, secondary fuel controller and auto tune. Bike is running like poop. No power up top at all. So disabled auto tune and took it to get dyno tuned. It has a hiccup at 6-6500k rpm he can't get out and it dynoed at 110hp. So called dyno jet and they say that their product would not interfere with the mode select. Seems to me that it's like it's stuck in mode c even when it's it's a mode. Somebody please explain what would cause this. It obviously has something to do with power commander not the exhaust. The tuner is planning on calling them tomorrow to try to figure it out. Anyone had this issue before or might know the answer so I can save time on getting bike fixed? Thank you

Man,sorry to hear it bro and hope you get it sorted out soon.With a good full exhaust and tune you should be in the neighborhood of 185+ rwhp,let us know what the issue was when you get it dialed in.

Unhook the ALL the dynojet stuff and try it. The stock map will run decent and make ok power with a full system.
I'm completely tuned by Woolich/ECU Editor so I'm headed out on a limb but I think it is with the secondary controller.
Check to make sure it is the racing PCV it appears to me the CARB legal PCV EX may not work with the secondary controller.

I'm completely tuned by Woolich/ECU Editor so I'm headed out on a limb but I think it is with the secondary controller.
Check to make sure it is the racing PCV it appears to me the CARB legal PCV EX may not work with the secondary controller.
I have ECU editor as well and really like from the reliability standpoint.

Secondary controller does work. You can fully adjust the maps on them. The air fuel ratio was 13.2. He had to take fuel from the maps to get that. That is why I think it's the stuck in mode c somehow. I may disconnect secondary controllers if he can't get it fixed. Auto tune is disabled anyway so that wouldn't do it.

Apparently they have been having a lot of issues with the hayabusa they said. I am trying to use warranty and get money back since all it did was make bike run horrible. I would recommend anyone to use dyno jet power commander with auto tune and secondary fuel controller. I will remove it tonight after they try to troubleshoot it. Not holding out much hope since they have no secondary fuel maps and original tune I downloaded made bike backfire like crazy. Ready to get their junk off bike

Apparently they have been having a lot of issues with the hayabusa they said. I am trying to use warranty and get money back since all it did was make bike run horrible. I would recommend anyone to use dyno jet power commander with auto tune and secondary fuel controller. I will remove it tonight after they try to troubleshoot it. Not holding out much hope since they have no secondary fuel maps and original tune I downloaded made bike backfire like crazy. Ready to get their junk off bike

It sounds to me like you need a new mechanic. First off, autotune is junk, it always has been. Second, you don't need the SFM (secondary fuel module) on any normally-aspirated bike. Your primary injectors, along with the PCV powercommander, have enough range to fuel your bike without the assistance and complication of an additional controller. Maybe they saw you coming and decided to take their money out of your wallet. Find another tuner who knows what to recommend and who has more experience . . .

It was the secondary fuel controller. It definitely was bad. Called dyno jet and they walked me thru the issues. Agreed the mechanic should have stopped tuning as soon as he saw that it was putting out such low numbers. Obviously something was wrong at that point. Don't have many options locally for dyno tuners. I think they mainly do cruisers. To his credit though he did manage to smooth out the power band for the most part and get rid of the back firing. He did that on 4 injectors working properly and 4 giving false readings. So I will give credit for that part. However, seeing power peaking at 110hp should have told him something is really off there.

Just an update. Took off secondary controllers and turned autotune on. Had it dynoed again today. 175.27 hp 104.15 tq. Thinking the 90 degree room sucked a few hp from me but overall happy it's running good.

image.jpeg

Sorry for my first post wrote while frustrated. I installed R77 full exhaust on 2014 hayabusa. I also installed power commander v, secondary fuel controller and auto tune. Bike is running like poop. No power up top at all. So disabled auto tune and took it to get dyno tuned. It has a hiccup at 6-6500k rpm he can't get out and it dynoed at 110hp. So called dyno jet and they say that their product would not interfere with the mode select. Seems to me that it's like it's stuck in mode c even when it's it's a mode. Somebody please explain what would cause this. It obviously has something to do with power commander not the exhaust. The tuner is planning on calling them tomorrow to try to figure it out. Anyone had this issue before or might know the answer so I can save time on getting bike fixed? Thank you
I used bazzazz instead of power Comander

I have the Autotune module. Plugged it all in then ran through how to use it and realized this was nuts and never touched it again. The Power commander is solid though, proven performer. I can't say it's better than ECU editing, but it does work. As for the secondary fuel module the only reason you would need it is you either had extreme fuel needs (turbo or something) or you are using the quick shifter. Otherwise it's useless weight, IMHO.

Was curious how you ended up
It turned out pretty good. Bike runs great now and still using the autotune. I honestly can't complain about autotune or power commander. I took it to NCBIKE few weeks ago. I know it's not exactly for track days but it was fun. Got passed by a r3 in the turns though lol

I do need to upgrade the brake master cylinder and brake lines. Need more stopping power in the front mainly. Back brake isn't too bad. Any suggestions on how to set that up?

image.png

Back