TTS Performance - 'Busa Sub Frame Brace

Delboybusa

Registered
Has anyone bought and installed the stainless steel subframe brace supplied by a UK firm TTS-Performance?

Costs about GBP30.00 plus postage.

They say it takes about 30 minutes to install and is said to save 30%+ leverage on the top ally rail.

Cheers
Delboybusa

Delboy, I own a '99 Busa with 57K on her and am curious about the braces as well. I just found them at TTS's website. I'm a little dubious about how much support they provide however. If you go to the "common problems" forum and look at the post titled "Oh crap", he shows an excellent picture of his broken subframe. I looked at the picture of the braces on TTS's website, and don't see how they could have really helped. The tab that the subframe mounts too was intact. This is the area I see as being reinforced by the brace. It was the subframe itself that snapped behind that point. I'm no engineer, but thats how I see it. What do you think?

Hi Dirtbike,
Thanks for your comments.

I have a RRY(2000) model registered in 2001 with 14.5K miles on it, bought in April this year.

I agree with you that nothing comes close to sorting the potential problem as using a steel subframe. Think I'm probably a little late to be demanding one from Suzuki GB although I do know our local agent, Mick Staiano, quite well. However, he's a retired TT sidecar racer and nobody messes   with them!

TTS has been supplying this brace item since the problem was first raised by the bike press and I've not seen any adverse comments on what it does. Costs about £30 plus postage.

No idea how much a new steel subframe costs here but I have been bidding unsuccessfully on E-bay where those in "excellent condition" are going for around £100 plus postage.

I know it's not about money where safety is involved. There has to be a significant difference in confidence levels between the two options hence I'll keep on looking for the steel version.

Will keep you posted on outcome.

cheers

Delboybusa

Almost 17 years old topic.
I found the old picture on my 2TB Busa info HDisc
First picture BigCC Part
Second Picture DIY Project

post-741-1195061886.jpg

post-741-1195061885.jpg

Back