Registered
As promised here is my install from yesterday

Tsukigi Kit Unpackaged.jpg

Tsukigi Primary Header Tube compared to C5 TT Header Tube.jpg

Tsukigi Header Install Rad Oil Cooler Assembly Removed.jpg

Tsukigi Header 4-2 section mounted.jpg

Tuskigi Header Rad Oil Cooler assembled.jpg

What kind of HP is your Z06 running?

I run it detuned on the street @9# making 575-600 rwhp depending on which dyno it has been on. I made 834 and 850 rwhp @ 18 #s on different days and different dynos as well. So 650 bhp 91 octane & 1000bhp on 100 octane unleaded race gas.

I have tried running it above 9# on street tire but it is a waste as there is just no traction in the first 3 gears, I have to short shift out of them as it is or I bounce off the rev limiter as traction brakes, no matter how much I feather the throttle. I switched to 335 Toyota proxies RA1s and can hold 4th WOT so I leave it at the stock waste gate settings. I only did the 18# boost run on a dyno show, I tried running it at 14#s once and it was stupid regarding traction.

I am really quite pleased with the Tsukigi exhaust, I picked it up for $525 on eBay shipped to my front door.

Thanks for asking. Great info and knowledge on this forum!

Great looking pipe, and an even greater price. If you find out, tell us what it makes at the rear wheel.

nice job, looks good
Thanks, it took me a little longer than I expected. I had never worked on a street bike before lol. It took me a while to realize that it wasn't going to work with a center stand.

Great looking pipe, and an even greater price. If you find out, tell us what it makes at the rear wheel.

I will, I'm curious too. I am about 6'1" and 220lbs and when I took it out for a test spin I pinned the throttle from a roll in 1st gear and the wheel came up off the ground, it didn't do that before with out more effort. I'm thinking the fact that I dumped the center stand and OEM exhaust really helped too.

I am interested in how far the tune is off. I couldn't get the Tsukigi MAP to work with the PC3USB (it stated incompatible map), the guy I bought the PC from told me to try the Ackrapoviv MAP off of the dynojet website.

I didn't want to hack my air box just in case I wanted to put it back to stock, so I just disconnected the valve to the flapper and plugged the vacuum line to it.

I am pleased withe power, weight, balance, and sound of these mods. If you know of any MAPs for a full exhaust and air box mod please let me know, as I think the Ackro MAP is for full exhaust with stock air filter.

Thanks

Back