Tsukigi Canon on '05 Gen I

djorgensen3

Donating Member
Registered
I finally took my bike out last night for its first ride since my crash a couple months ago. I put a Tsukigi Canon on and let me tell you, it's loud, too loud for an extended ride. Anyway I still have things to do to the bike like the swingarm and I still have to mod the belly wing to fit. I lost a fairing bolt on the ride somehow. I guess it wasn't as tight as I thought. AS far as the muffler goes, there are a few fitment issues to deal with. The oil cooler lines hit the header which pushes the cooler out enough to make mounting the fairings a bit tougher but it will go. The rear most collector will hit the centerstand/ belly wing mount. You have a choice here. Cut off the mount or dent the collector. I chose to dent the collector as I am not going to cut anything off the frame and besides that I want to have the belly wing mounted. It's a distinguishing part of the bike to me. The springs holding the collectors together will hit the lower fairings at the rear most location where the belly wing mounts. I am going to cut the springs off and move them to the sides or top if there's room. I was hoping to get the red pearl to show up in the paint on the video but I think that's going to be a thing you have to see in person. Anyway with the power commander and exhaust, the bike has become much smoother on power application and it has that little blue flame from the muffler on deceleration and the occasional backfire. I already had removed the pair valve. The map is a preloaded map so I haven't had it dynoed yet but plan to soon. Here is a vid of the exhaust on putfile:

Tsukigi Canon on '05

I am glad to be back on the road!!

Sounds nice
thumb_up.gif

Sounds badazz if you ask me, which map are you running...I know that thing needs fuel with that pipe on it?

im a huge fan of that pipe and i love the way it sounds!!!

GPW...Do you have the SS/oval SS in stock for a 2005 Busa?
Do you accept Paypal?
Does the "MAP" come with the system or does it cost extra?

Hi Guys
Has any one else gone down this route with the Tsukigi Cannon, as im looking to fit the slip on's to my Gen I (not the whole system), that they are now supplying & I think that you have to mod for the fit?.
Regards.

I think the slip on's will probably fit just fine. I had to mod the 2-1 final collector, since it's a full system, to clear the belly wing/centerstand mount. The muffler mount is in the same location so I don't think you will have any problems. Good luck and let us see it when you are done.

I'm thinking of ditching the dump pipe off my turbo and switching to a modded full turbo exhaust using the cannon pipe.

Back