Trying to install a new Corbin rear seat on Gen I, Qs?

cyclefarm

Registered
I got a good deal on a set of Corbin seats for my 03 Hayabusa. Front fits fine. I'm having trouble installing the rear seat. Seems like the front top lip of the silver plastic trim (around the removeable short plastic tie piece with 2 plastic rivets) on the bike under the seat is too tall and won't let the seat tilt down to where it should ride. I think my seat was for an early Hayabusa but I didn't think there was any difference in Gen I seats? Thanks in advance...

Put a 1/4 washer under each of the mounting points of the rear bracket (between the bracket and the seat). This will lower the rear bracket about 1/16 of an inch or so and should solve the problem. I had to do it on mine.

-Dan

Mines a little tricky to mount also. I find that if set the seat on and wiggle it toward the back it will drop in position to line up then latch it in.

OK, thanks for the advice. I was wondering if they had changed the seats a bit from aluminum to steel subframes (00-01) but don't think they did.

I loosened the front brackets and held them back and out when tightened, this gave a little more clearance and I added shims under the rear bracket, works fine now.

Back