Trying to get into 1/4 mile.

Deuce_C15s

Registered
So I'm wanting to start trying to get my stuff together to start going to the track. I've read the requirements. So first things first I have to get all the safety gear.

What I need to find is the tethered kill switch.

Then my next question is what shifter should I start looking for. If I read the regs correctly. They said NO push button shifting. In that case. What shifter can I get that I know I can depend on?

Well I'm here in Loveland, Co so I'm about hour or so from Bandimere and I read on there regs that you couldn't run push button. I'm not sure how but I'll try to get a link showing their MC rules.

Ok. Just looked it over again. I just misunderstood. The rules say foot operated only. No hand shifting. (suicide shifters)

So I'm wanting to start trying to get my stuff together to start going to the track. I've read the requirements. So first things first I have to get all the safety gear.

What I need to find is the tethered kill switch.

Then my next question is what shifter should I start looking for. If I read the regs correctly. They said NO push button shifting. In that case. What shifter can I get that I know I can depend on?

Im in the same boat as you. Looking to hit the track up this summer for the first time so Im getting the basics down right now. Installed a clutch mod, just ordered my lowering links, and now I need to order a kill switch leathers.

Usually when I get into something of interest, I go big! This time im trying to take it slow... meaning waiting on the air shifter and any other $$ until I know im going to enjoy it.

Im in the same boat as you. Looking to hit the track up this summer for the first time so Im getting the basics down right now. Installed a clutch mod, just ordered my lowering links, and now I need to order a kill switch leathers.

Usually when I get into something of interest, I go big! This time im trying to take it slow... meaning waiting on the air shifter and any other $$ until I know im going to enjoy it.

You'll be hooked quickly:laugh:

Yea I'm gonna go ahead and get my leathers, boots, gloves and kill switch. Then run a few times to see how I can do just stock and on the foot shift. Then I'm going to after extensions and some kind of shifter

Back