trying to find.?

jch364

Registered
Can anyone tell me if there is a really good turbo builder near Ohio. The ones that i know of on the forum are New York Texas and that aint gonna work..lol thanks

You're in the same boat i'm in. No one close. I would just contact one of the major vendors on this site. That's what I did and got some major help from them. As for tuning, that's another problem...lol

How far do you want to travel?

Rick at Rick's Custom Cycle is in Garden City, MI....otherwise, you are only 3-4 hours from Richard at RCC!

;)

You could easily save some money from not having to ship the bike, but end up paying a lot more if the installer/tuner doesn't know what they are doing. Then it cost you more.

I'm having a bike shipped to me in Houston from Seattle, only $450 each way. Something to think about.

any place in the tri state area would be fine. I wanted to call one of them if there is one and try to get an idea of what i am looking at. The only thing i know about turbo's is how to spell it.lol

Win racing in Naperville IL did the initial tune on my bike and will be getting it back to build the motor next month. I was in the same situation as you and Brian did a fantastic job. People on psychobike will vouch for him as well.

I will vouch for brian winn at winn racing.. I would have no problem sending, my own customer if they moved to him.. If you were near Vancouver, Wa I could do the whole thing for you from engine build to turbo install and in house dyno tune..

Last edited:
I will keep that all in mind. I have so many questions. so much i do not know. so i have a lot of reading to do. good thing is i have time. no hurry.. my 1397 is doing great. 195hp is awsome right now. i suppose my reason for thinking about it in the first place is wondering if zuk is actually going to come out with something that is gonna give me a thrill up my leg so to speak. If not then this would be a great option. I would only do a stage one. The other is way too much money but i wonder if a stage 1 will give a stock busa 250hp would a 1397 be more using the same settings.? like i said lots of learning

If you have good head studs, and head gasket you might be ok depending on your compression. Big problem with big bores and boost is you run out of head gasket between the cylinders. It would be a blast to ride, but I'm not sure of the longevity of the engine. Personally haven't boosted a 1397, only a few 1363's with much success.

With a safe tune it should be ok, but if it were me I'd sell the block and pistons, or trade for a set of stock pistons and cylinders plus cash and go back to stock bore.

Maybe some of the other guys can give you some more input, I've just never boosted a 1397.

If you have good head studs, and head gasket you might be ok depending on your compression. Big problem with big bores and boost is you run out of head gasket between the cylinders. It would be a blast to ride, but I'm not sure of the longevity of the engine. Personally haven't boosted a 1397, only a few 1363's with much success.

With a safe tune it should be ok, but if it were me I'd sell the block and pistons, or trade for a set of stock pistons and cylinders plus cash and go back to stock bore.

Maybe some of the other guys can give you some more input, I've just never boosted a 1397.

I dunno how this posted ended up in here... Sorry!

what would be the problem with it being a 1397?

The bigger the bore, the less head gasket between the cyclinders. When using boost stresses the thin area of gasket between the cylinders, and blown head gaskets are a frequent problem.

There is a ton of guys who have slapped a bottle and a shot of nos on a 1397 but I don't think ive ever seen anybody with a 1397 turbo???

There is a ton of guys who have slapped a bottle and a shot of nos on a 1397 but I don't think ive ever seen anybody with a 1397 turbo???

Big bores and nitrous have been used together for years. But again big bores and boost don't play as well together.

Not to get anyone wrong, it will work and make good power, however engine longevity is the problem. Again mostly due to head gaskets.

Last edited:
I have a personal 1397 motor with a big turbo on it and has been over 475 several times. It has a lot of attention to detail during motor assembly and no head gasket issues to date..It can be done, but just throwing a bunch of parts in together not gonna get you there...

I have a personal 1397 motor with a big turbo on it and has been over 475 several times. It has a lot of attention to detail during motor assembly and no head gasket issues to date..It can be done, but just throwing a bunch of parts in together not gonna get you there...

Good info there folks.

well i wouldnt care for anything beyond 250hp i really dont think. would this still be a stress problem ?

Back