Trying to bring the Mistress to Okinawa...

casualdreamer

Registered
I am sitting here in Oki and I am missing the baby bad....:banghead: I really wished I would have TMO'd her here with me. I was told that I could bring her due to the fact that it was a Japanese bike but the emission test might not be to spec for Japan. .
Do you guys know how to find out if she is or not. I have tried to go out to a Suzuki Dealer out in town to ask them about it but the language barrier seems to be getting the best of me right now. I have found a company that would send my bike to mainland Japan for 2k then it would but to 2500 to get her with in specs to ride over here. I guess it is depending on how bad I want to ride her. I have tried to Google the info about the emissions test. That came out to nothing. It is actually called a JCI test or something. But I know it is JCI. Well, if any of you know anything about it. I would be really greatful. By the way the Wife and New babygirl are back at Camp Lejeune taking care of the mistress for me. I am here for a year now but thinking of bring the wife and daughter and doing 3. Thanks for all the help and support of the military fellas and ladies... Thank you again.:bowdown:

you might be able to pick up a used one for the price of shipping it over and getting it in specs? Best of luck buddy!

Yea I thought about just getting a used bike here but there is nothing like riding your own girl ya know. I haven't seen any Busas for sell but alot of honda and yamahas.

Bring the wife and kids over. I know for a conus move, a motorcycle is counted as household goods and not a vehicle. Ask the legal office there on post/base that is what they are there for.

You may want to check into CC restrictions on the island. I remember hearing something about a limit in bikes on okinawa (only there a few months at a time TDY), but saw one guy with a busa, so the restriction may only be for natives. This will probably make find a used one very hard. Chances are the bike won't meet the reqs. for the JCI and will cost a good bit to make it. Then there is the fact that when you return to the states you have to bring it back to its current form. Maybe better just to try to something more readily avaliable on the island for the rest of your tour. Sorry, I know this isn't what you wanted to hear.

don't worry about it the smog is so bad there they won't even notice it have fun and burn up the road there show them what the U.S.A has lol:laugh:

I'm in the same predicament. I'm leaving both of my bikes here while I go to Okinawa for 3-4 years. I don't see the point of shelling an extra $3000 to get my bike to main land Japan for that stupid brake inspection/emissions. And if you do that, you will still have to de-register the bike to bring it back to US. I can take the busa with me, but it will just serve as an expensive furniture. My plan for now is to bring a bike that is made earlier than July 1 1999 or option B is to bring over a 250cc and below bike. Uh.... I will stick with an older 600cc that 250cc just don't cut it for me. The bikes that you will find there if you find a US/Canadian spec is just way to inflated with the price. Its not worth it, check this site out ggok.com/bbs there's a lot of good info there. Good Luck man! You probably bounced by the time I get back there.lol.

Last edited:
hmmm... i was in okinawa...A while back came back in 05 after 7 yrs.....they got the JCI.. it also applies to bikes....I had a bike while i was out there but it was bought in country...I know one of my buds had his out there, And i Also know that it took him MONTHS if not maybe a year or so to be able to bring his bike out there...just get one there...since the whole CC's law doesnt apply to you....the whole cc things applies to licensing in local nationals....got a couple buds down there with bikes that know all the exact process. id say get a bike down there..

ohhh and if you get the bike dont get caught speeding or doing ANYTHING WRONG...they will take your permit for the bike ASAP the JPs have a NO absolute tolerance, unlike driving a car where they cut a lil bit of slack.....also remember, they use alot of coraline material to build roads...VERY VERY SLIPPERY:thumbsup:

Back