Trump and the news media

Did not know
they were required
to be there and air it .

:poke:

Anyone who thinks trump hasn’t lied his azz off every day hasn’t been paying attention.

Dont need Trump to be a nice guy who always tells the truth.
Need him to get sh!t done.
People who want to work need to have jobs.
People who are able bodied and choose to glom of the system should see reduced tax payer dollars.
People who want a level playing field in the global market place...
the guy has checked the boxes i care about
If you think he hasnt got stuff done then i would say you arent paying attention.

What politician hasnt lied....please dont even begin to tell me Obama, Bush, Clinton havent lied...lets drop that argument.

Funny you say that, Reagan was a great actor, and played his presidential role very well. However, for the majority of working Americans, his policies were devastating. Even ignoring the explosion of incarceration which occured on his watch, trickle down economic policies don't work for anyone except the corporate and upper upper classes, and the wealth gap increased exponentially.
He's widely viewed as a great president, and I'll agree that he absolutely wasn't the worst, by far, but the almost religious reverence the right has for him is not reflected by most American's net worth.

He stood up to communism and won the cold war. Yes his economics werent the best, completely agree.
Balancing the budget with an IOU from social security is still not balancing the budget

So let me ask this question in the middle of this thread... What does our country need right now? Do we all need to debate if the president is good or bad or do we need to get behind him to just get through this and move to the next problem? What are we collectively going to gain by tearing into him all the time I said the same thing for for Pres Obama. In my opinion we need less opinion (we seem to have plenty) and more action which is where we come in.

Just something to think about...

cap

He stood up to communism and won the cold war. Yes his economics werent the best, completely agree.
Balancing the budget with an IOU from social security is still not balancing the budget
He did stand up to communism, I agree. And he helped the USSR collapse, but that was bound to happen eventually anyway, and what emerged from its ashes is arguably not much better....
But still, he wasn't the worst. Not even in the running.

So let me ask this question in the middle of this thread... What does our country need right now? Do we all need to debate if the president is good or bad or do we need to get behind him to just get through this and move to the next problem? What are we collectively going to gain by tearing into him all the time I said the same thing for for Pres Obama. In my opinion we need less opinion (we seem to have plenty) and more action which is where we come in.

cap
Honestly, for me to get behind the President would require a consistent, science based solution, something which I have yet to hear. I realize he wants to get the economy back to normal, and that is a major concern, but it's not the only concern. It's not an enviable position for him or anyone else to be in, but this is what the job entails. I hope the President can find it within himself to lead the country out of this mess, and Congress needs to set aside their partisan differences and help him. Leadership comes from the top.

Why not Obama had to deal with just as major issues in his term. It's flag to flag brother, no fair tapping out.
Anyone who thinks trump hasn’t lied his azz off every day hasn’t been paying attention.
OBama didn't have anything like this to deal with. Also he did not have a resist movement including media.

Obama and his corrupt administration corrupted the FBI, DOJ, CIA, and more. He gave Iran billions, created hatred against cops, took their tools away, Eric Holder held in contempt over fast and furious, Lorretta Lynch and the tarmac meeting with Clinton, FBI giving Hilderbeast a pass.

Started a spy campaign to slander Trump and investigate him and his staff. Depleted our military, The second AG (Rice) lied about Benghazi, IRS targeting, illegal DACA, failed Obamacare, Giving up 5 terrorist for one traitor who got Americans killed looking for him, division division division. The list just goes on and on. Obama did not work nearly as hard as 73 year old Trump.

I can't wait for the Durham report!

Last edited:
OBama didn't have anything like this to deal with. Also he did not have a resist movement including media

Um, doesn't that kinda state the obvious? If he has a resist movement including the media, (your words), doesn't that indicate some thing's wrong at the top?

OBama didn't have anything like this to deal with. Also he did not have a resist movement including media.
Stop it. Obama faced open disrespectful behavior from governors, (Brewer) the press, (Fox and all the Infowars type twats) Congress, (Wilson) his pick for SC ignored, (McConnell) not to mention he had his very legitimacy as president questioned (Trump). Not trying to say that Trump doesn't have detractors, but it's hardly unprecedented.
And to say that Obama created hatred for cops is patently ridiculous. That animus has existed in communities of color for decades, you lived in Detroit, you know this....

Obama and his corrupt administration corrupted the FBI, DOJ, CIA, and more. He gave Iran billions, created hatred against cops, took their tools away, Eric Holder held in contempt over fast and furious, Lorretta Lynch and the tarmac meeting with Clinton, FBI giving Hilderbeast a pass.

Started a spy campaign to slander Trump and investigate him and his staff. Depleted our military, The second AG (Rice) lied about Benghazi, IRS targeting, illegal DACA, failed Obamacare, Giving up 5 terrorist for one traitor who got Americans killed looking for him, division division division. The list just goes on and on. Obama did not work nearly as hard as 73 year old Trump.

I can't wait for the Durham report!
They must have some good chit in Kentucky baby. Smoke on!

cap
The problem is that Trump himself is trying to rewrite history in real time and get political gains from this mess.

Stop it. Obama faced open disrespectful behavior from governors, (Brewer) the press, (Fox and all the Infowars type twats) Congress, (Wilson) his pick for SC ignored, (McConnell) not to mention he had his very legitimacy as president questioned (Trump). Not trying to say that Trump doesn't have detractors, but it's hardly unprecedented.
And to say that Obama created hatred for cops is patently ridiculous. That animus has existed in communities of color for decades, you lived in Detroit, you know this....
Obama did not face anything like trump has at press conferences and from the mainstream media. Trump had to stop the white house press conferences because of the hatred, rudeness and disrespect of the press. Trump does then now because he can handle them.

Yes there has always been some dislike of police from some but not to the extent were they were ambushed and killed in the numbers they are now. Obama investigated the police departments of many cities restricting them from doing their work. Some even threatened to not let police have guns.

Um, doesn't that kinda state the obvious? If he has a resist movement including the media, (your words), doesn't that indicate some thing's wrong at the top?
No it comes from the deep state losing the fixed election and shock that hillderbeast lost. So they (deep state and media) pushed the resist movement. Payed protesters and new groups popped up to assist.

The problem is that Trump himself is trying to rewrite history in real time and get political gains from this mess.

I get it, just like we see Pelosi trying to take him down which is absolutely shameful on both of them playing politics in the middle of this. We need our leaders rolling up thier sleeves and getting the job done together. But let's face it Trump isn't going anywhere today and neither is Pelosi so we can sit here and complain about it or make the most of it now and make the change when the timing is right. I think that is my point, if we all keep this up where we are eating each other it won't matter who is trying to gain from this because there won't be anything left to gain from...

We are no better if we get pulled into the rhetoric and participate.

cap

I get it, just like we see Pelosi trying to take him down which is absolutely shameful on both of them playing politics in the middle of this. We need our leaders rolling up thier sleeves and getting the job done together. But let's face it Trump isn't going anywhere today and neither is Pelosi so we can sit here and complain about it or make the most of it now and make the change when the timing is right. I think that is my point, if we all keep this up where we are eating each other it won't matter who is trying to gain from this because there won't be anything left to gain from...

We are no better if we get pulled into the rhetoric and participate.

cap
That makes sense. Just let Trump finish his term. Vote and let him finish his second term. If he is re-elected 4 years goes by fast. Then it is open to anyone. If he loses in November, he loses. Like I said before I was a democrat all my life until Obama's second term.

Obama did not face anything like trump has at press conferences and from the mainstream media. Trump had to stop the white house press conferences because of the hatred, rudeness and disrespect of the press. Trump does then now because he can handle them.

Yes there has always been some dislike of police from some but not to the extent were they were ambushed and killed in the numbers they are now. Obama investigated the police departments of many cities restricting them from doing their work. Some even threatened to not let police have guns.
If that's how you interpret things, so be it, but I don't see how the press being rude is in any way equivalent to a congressman literally yelling "you lie" during the state of the union address, or a senator refusing to even allow a supreme court nomination to be considered.
Yes, Obama initiated investigation of the police, in cities with departments accused of systematic unequal treatment of minorities. Somebody had to do it, the record shows that many police forces are woefully inadequate at policing themselves...
Besides, aren't you "law and order" types the ones who typically make the argument that innocent people have nothing to fear from police investigation? Doesn't that same logic apply to the police themselves? If they're not corrupt or discriminatory they should welcome investigation, right?

If that's how you interpret things, so be it, but I don't see how the press being rude is in any way equivalent to a congressman literally yelling "you lie" during the state of the union address, or a senator refusing to even allow a supreme court nomination to be considered.
Yes, Obama initiated investigation of the police, in cities with departments accused of systematic unequal treatment of minorities. Somebody had to do it, the record shows that many police forces are woefully inadequate at policing themselves...
Besides, aren't you "law and order" types the ones who typically make the argument that innocent people have nothing to fear from police investigation? Doesn't that same logic apply to the police themselves? If they're not corrupt or discriminatory they should welcome investigation, right?

So Is the the media lying? Making mistakes? Or telling opinion pieces?

I think trump is right to call them out.

Back