Trump and the news media

If that's how you interpret things, so be it, but I don't see how the press being rude is in any way equivalent to a congressman literally yelling "you lie" during the state of the union address, or a senator refusing to even allow a supreme court nomination to be considered.
Yes, Obama initiated investigation of the police, in cities with departments accused of systematic unequal treatment of minorities. Somebody had to do it, the record shows that many police forces are woefully inadequate at policing themselves...
Besides, aren't you "law and order" types the ones who typically make the argument that innocent people have nothing to fear from police investigation? Doesn't that same logic apply to the police themselves? If they're not corrupt or discriminatory they should welcome investigation, right?
Oh Pelosi rips up Trump speech during his State of the Union isn't the same? The constant attack from the dem congress,

As far as police. Yes there have been bad ones. I think a lot of wrong was probably done back in the day before camera's and cell phones. I think that has turned around with training and community policing. Also using less lethal tools.

It has to turn around on the other side. We need police. These day it is not a good environment for them. People putting things in their food, writing pig on their receipts, refusing to serve them. Walking up to their car and shooting them. It is like there is a movement to make people want to be a police person. Also suicide is rampant among officers.

Last edited:
Oh Pelosi rips up Trump speech during his State of the Union isn't the same? The constant attack from the dem congress,

As far as police. Yes there have been bad ones. I think a lot of wrong was probably done back in the day before camera's and cell phones. I think that has turned around with training and community policing. Also using less lethal tools.

It has to turn around on the other side. We need police. These day it is not a good environment for them. People putting things in their food, writing pig on their receipts, refusing to serve them. Walking up to their car and shooting them. It is like there is a movement to make people want to be a police person. Also suicide is rampant among officers.
Same as shouting at him? No. Unacceptable behavior? Absolutely..
I think that things have gotten better, and there's still room for improvement. Of course we need police, my point was that blaming Obama for anti-police behavior is ridiculous.

If that's how you interpret things, so be it, but I don't see how the press being rude is in any way equivalent to a congressman literally yelling "you lie" during the state of the union address, or a senator refusing to even allow a supreme court nomination to be considered.
Yes, Obama initiated investigation of the police, in cities with departments accused of systematic unequal treatment of minorities. Somebody had to do it, the record shows that many police forces are woefully inadequate at policing themselves...
Besides, aren't you "law and order" types the ones who typically make the argument that innocent people have nothing to fear from police investigation? Doesn't that same logic apply to the police themselves? If they're not corrupt or discriminatory they should welcome investigation, right?

What I see is that the media and POTUS is off the chain. The medical experts, the surgeon general and Pence have been spot on since the beginning.

Let's face it Donald Trump is not a good Leader when it comes to be being in front of people, he doesn't do well when confronted and while you can BS your way through a conference room you can't do it running a country. Sometimes the best answer is just to say " We are working on it and we aren't ready to talk about it".

The media, they seem to have a lot of their 3rd string reporters in there all looking to make the big story. You can just watch and see that they are asking questions that are just not relevant to the situation or that can't be answered in a short summarized answer. Go back and look at many years ago there were top reporters there that were respectful with not only POTUS but each other. They didn't yell or cover each other but they would ask the questions that mattered to the situation. What we don't need is a bunch of reporters acting like criminal prosecutors trying to stick it to the criminal.

I'm not saying they shouldn't ask hard questions but the questions should be relevant asked in the right way and not accusatory and trying to elicite a certain answer.

Cap

Last edited:

So Is the the media lying? Making mistakes? Or telling opinion pieces?

I think trump is right to call them out.
As I've said before, the media's treatment of the President isn't helpful, on either side. What that guy in the video says is equally unhelpful.
If you think he's right, cool. I think he mishandled it. I think he relies on arse-kissers, and this crisis has revealed the ineptitude of those who surround him.

What I see is that the media and POTUS is off the chain. The medical experts, the surgeon general and Pence have been spot on since the beginning.

Let's face it Donald Trump is not a good Leader when it comes to be being in front of people, he doesn't do well when confronted and while you can BS your way through a conference room you can't do it running a country. Sometimes the best answer is just to say " We are working on it and we aren't ready to talk about it".

The media, they seem to have a lot of their 3rd string reporters in there all looking to make the big story. You can just watch and see that they are asking questions that are just not relevant to the situation or that can't be answered in a short summarized answer. Go back and look at many years ago there were top reporters there that were respectful with not only POTUS but each other. They didn't yell or cover each other but they would ask the questions that mattered to the situation. What we don't need is a bunch of reporters acting like criminal prosecutors trying to stick it to the criminal.

I'm not saying they shouldn't ask hard questions but the questions should be relevant asked in the right way and not accusatory and trying to elicite a certain answer.

Cap
I don't disagree with any of that.
This country has to set aside partisan differences for the common good, and for a minute there in the beginning I was hopeful. Then the media on both sides started in with their nonsense, and Congress and the President showed themselves incapable of staying above the fray.

As I've said before, the media's treatment of the President isn't helpful, on either side. What that guy in the video says is equally unhelpful.
If you think he's right, cool. I think he mishandled it. I think he relies on arse-kissers, and this crisis has revealed the ineptitude of those who surround him.

Dan Crenshaw was just showing the timeline of events no? What he said isn’t anything to do with the future but showing the battle that’s going on.

What would you have done differently?

Dan Crenshaw was just showing the timeline of events no? What he said isn’t anything to do with the future but showing the battle that’s going on.

What would you have done differently?
He did mention events, but selectively and in a way which is designed to appeal to certain people.
What would I have done differently? I'd have avoided claiming that I was bringing "The Truth" for a start. I wouldn't have framed the response to the pandemic in relation to the impeachment inquiry. They're not related. I would not characterize the administration's response as "on top of it" from day one. That's hardly accurate.
Look, if you want to believe this type of thing, again, cool.

He did mention events, but selectively and in a way which is designed to appeal to certain people.
What would I have done differently? I'd have avoided claiming that I was bringing "The Truth" for a start. I wouldn't have framed the response to the pandemic in relation to the impeachment inquiry. They're not related. I would not characterize the administration's response as "on top of it" from day one. That's hardly accurate.
Look, if you want to believe this type of thing, again, cool.
...as long as it wasn't strapping on your assault rifle and side arm and wrapping yourself up in the flag then standing on the steps of the capital building...:lol:

If a Dimocrat like sleepy Joe is elected I hope we make him get a medical exam, impeach him for any reason over and over. Impeach 46 if that person is a dem. Not my president. Moving to Canada...lol!
You'll never get across the border,someone ordered it guarded by the military...

You wouldn't like it up here anyway...:poke:
Rubb.

Rep. and Dem . Never come together, unless their system comes under fire. Hard to stop them from doing business as usual. I guess you pick a party that lest offends you and vote a straight ticket?

What Dan said was way less out there than the crazy comment Dems and media make. (e.g. Trump has blood on his hands, Trump virus, racist for closing borders and so much more). TDS is rampant.
You'll never get across the border,someone ordered it guarded by the military...View attachment 1617196
You wouldn't like it up here anyway...:poke:
Rubb.
You are right I wouldn't like it. I guess that is why all the Hollywood people that said they would move there if Trump was elected didn't! Besides my home state of MI is too north and cold for me.

What Dan said was way less out there than the crazy comment Dems and media make. (e.g. Trump has blood on his hands, Trump virus, racist for closing borders and so much more). TDS is rampant.
I think it was equally way out there, which is why I'm sick of both sides doing what @busabobh aptly describes as business as usual.

You are right I wouldn't like it. I guess that is why all the Hollywood people that said they would move there if Trump was elected didn't! Besides my home state of MI is too north and cold for me.
Some parts are cold forsure,but for Rubb and some others its been awesome since February. I ride every day. weather report .
Covid-Free activity. :thumbsup: back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Rubb.

Some parts are cold forsure,but for Rubb and some others its been awesome since February. I ride every day. weather report .
Covid-Free activity. :thumbsup: back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Rubb.
Yeah I spent some cold Winters in MI but after spending most of my life in So Cal I tried going back in 92 and left by Spring of 93. I have been in KY 18 years now. The winters are bearable and I get a lot of riding in.

Back