Truck makes a U turn in front of motorcycle

the guy riding the bike isnt too bright and obviously isnt anticipating that the truck is setting himself up for a u-turn. ppl on bikes get killed cause they ASSume too much usually. not always but sometimes.

the biker should have slowed down as soon as the guy pulled over to position himself for a u-turn. the guy operting the truck probably never even saw or heard him coming

if the guy died on his bike would the guy in the truck be charged? probably but the guy on the bike would still be dead so who cares.:whistle:

a little common sense can go a long way....

Guys riding a dirt bike down the street? Who's fault would it have really been if he was on a non-street legal bike? One could say he should have never been there to begin with.

That was here in TX.... I can tell by the registration stickers on the dudes windshield. The guy on the bike should have been watching out…we all know that but that doesn’t change the fact that people in cars don’t look good enough. Dirt bike or street bike, the guy in the truck would have been at fault as long as the rider was doing the speed limit. I'm just glad it turned out okay. I had a friend killed by a guy making a u-turn on the street...and my buddy had 20+ years of riding.

Golden Rule, they don't see you and yes the bike should have eased up when the dude dipped off the side and probably should have gone for the arse not the nose. But all's well that ends well.

bmw dirtbike can be made street legal in alot of states... in az you can make a mini 50 street legal lol

the guy riding the bike isnt too bright and obviously isnt anticipating that the truck is setting himself up for a u-turn. ppl on bikes get killed cause they ASSume too much usually. not always but sometimes.

the biker should have slowed down as soon as the guy pulled over to position himself for a u-turn. the guy operting the truck probably never even saw or heard him coming

if the guy died on his bike would the guy in the truck be charged? probably but the guy on the bike would still be dead so who cares.:whistle:

Totally

Dirtbike Dude wasnt to quick at reacting.... way I see it as
Ohh truck getting over to the side his front wheels turn left BRAKES!!!
Rather dirtbike stays in gas till the truck is half way into the road.

Totally agree!!!!!
Thats the problem motorcyclist have to ride with the attitude I am invisible and I am prepared for this car to enter my path.
What will you do when that car pulls out at the last second in front of you???
Dont let the words of "I'm sorry I didnt see you" be heard" Expect it before it can happen.

How did he not see what the truck was doing??? I wonder if he knows there is a front brake?!

agree with you 110%. hopefully the rider learns from his mistake which could've cost him his life :banghead:

The video just doesn't seem right to me. He "appears" to be hauling ass and doesn't hit the brakes until the truck is completely across the road maybe 50' in front of him. Bike magically screeches to a record breaking halt just rubbing fender to fender and everybody is totally cool like nothing happened. ???

Looks like a high quality HD camera that for some reason can't achieve more than 5 FPS. :whistle: I'm betting he was probably doing 20 mph when the truck pulled out, and whether on purpose or not, the camera made it look much more drastic than it was.

Back