Trooper Hits Motorcycle

WHAT IS THERE TO INVESTIGATE?!???

I hope this accident costs the trooper his job and the riders get VERY well compensated for their pain and suffering.

f--cking hate careless cops, one more reason to stay away from them! Especially the ones that try and knock the rider off the bike deliberately in a chase.

BB

Your comment should be "careless people"...and I'm sorry, any fool willing to elude via fleeing deserves to be knocked off his/her ride.

Your comment should be "careless people"...and I'm sorry, any fool willing to elude via fleeing deserves to be knocked off his/her ride.

He didn't say elude. He said stay away from them. Something I practiced with dedicated effort in Florida. Nothing about breaking the law. It is about lessening the odds of a hassle. If they are someplace you are, you leave. If they arrive to someplace you are, you leave. If you see them in traffic, you find the farthest point away from them you can. If they are at a function you are going to, you don't go, or don't stay. If they are initiating **cough cough** "safety stop inspections", you don't ride there. If I see these and make a U-Turn and they decide to pull me over, I cooperate with them because I have to at that moment, and then I take it to court. Kick that through courts a few times and they get told to give that chyt up as it is costing them too much resources.

Nothing at all about eluding or fleeing. Its about staying away. Simple concept. Whether its cops, Harley riders etc. If you have a high chance of meeting an azzwhole and don't wish to meet an azzwhole, you simply stay away from the azzwhole. Are they all azzwholes? Not at all. Are there a higher probability of them being an azzwhole? Yes.

He didn't say elude. He said stay away from them. Something I practiced with dedicated effort in Florida. Nothing about breaking the law. It is about lessening the odds of a hassle. If they are someplace you are, you leave. If they arrive to someplace you are, you leave. If you see them in traffic, you find the farthest point away from them you can. If they are at a function you are going to, you don't go, or don't stay. If they are initiating **cough cough** "safety stop inspections", you don't ride there. If I see these and make a U-Turn and they decide to pull me over, I cooperate with them because I have to at that moment, and then I take it to court. Kick that through courts a few times and they get told to give that chyt up as it is costing them too much resources.

Nothing at all about eluding or fleeing. Its about staying away. Simple concept. Whether its cops, Harley riders etc. If you have a high chance of meeting an azzwhole and don't wish to meet an azzwhole, you simply stay away from the azzwhole. Are they all azzwholes? Not at all. Are there a higher probability of them being an azzwhole? Yes.

My comment was directed towards the last part of the statement,

"Especially the ones that try and knock the rider off the bike deliberately in a chase."

Sounds like you ride around looking over your shoulder and going out of your way to stay out of the way...as if you have something to hide/and or are paranoid. Like the "man is out to get ya".
:whistle:

I'm sure he will be punished for this and the bikers will get paid. He will get a ticket just like the rest of us would. It's things like this take make me worry about my daughter, who is about to start drivers Ed.

Just make sure your daughter isn't riding on the back of a bike in a tank top at night in Ohio and Im sure she will be fine. That trooper is a jack wagon and should lose his hiway privileges for at least a year.

My comment was directed towards the last part of the statement,

"Especially the ones that try and knock the rider off the bike deliberately in a chase."

Sounds like you ride around looking over your shoulder and going out of your way to stay out of the way...as if you have something to hide/and or are paranoid. Like the "man is out to get ya".
:whistle:

Chase doesn't mean eluding to me. If the cop comes tearing up to you in traffic to make a stop, he is chasing you. If you are attempting to flee after they are making it known that they want you to pull over, its eluding. I have seen more than one video where a bike pulls over in an orderly fashion and offers no eluding, to watch the cop push the bike over, or hassle the rider or etc.

Here are 2 examples

As to your comments regrading me, someone you have never met, and have no idea of my driving record, or my character, I hope you aren't a member of law enforcement, as you are just the type that causes the public to avoid LEO. You make ASSUMPTIONS about someone that has done nothing. Yet you make them a bad guy.

Avoiding a COP is not illegal. It doesn't mean I am doing anything wrong or trying to hide anything. It means I'm avoiding a potential hassle from an azzwhole. It means I might be on my way to work or something more important to me than you, and don't feel like going through the "roadside shake down" programs that I have to wait in line for. It could mean 100 different innocuous reasons none of which mean I am hiding anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
No way those two are 'ok'.
Why back up like that? Geesh I was waiting for the bump as he backed over one of them again?
Cap why not do a yooey and come back with headlights so you can see?
Or I guess after he was flush with fear and adrenalin and had probably already lost ability to rantionally think.

As far as hitting them I'm speechless and clueless.

Chase doesn't mean eluding to me. If the cop comes tearing up to you in traffic to make a stop, he is chasing you. If you are attempting to flee after they are making it known that they want you to pull over, its eluding. I have seen more than one video where a bike pulls over in an orderly fashion and offers no eluding, to watch the cop push the bike over, or hassle the rider or etc.

Here are 2 examples

Cop Slams a Cyclist. - YouTube[/url]

Alleges Dallas Sheriff Deputy Made Up Charge To Seize Video - YouTube[/url]

As to your comments regrading me, someone you have never met, and have no idea of my driving record, or my character, I hope you aren't a member of law enforcement, as you are just the type that causes the public to avoid LEO. You make ASSUMPTIONS about someone that has done nothing. Yet you make them a bad guy.

Avoiding a COP is not illegal. It doesn't mean I am doing anything wrong or trying to hide anything. It means I'm avoiding a potential hassle from an azzwhole. It means I might be on my way to work or something more important to me than you, and don't feel like going through the "roadside shake down" programs that I have to wait in line for. It could mean 100 different innocuous reasons none of which mean I am hiding anything.

I used to be LEO and I do my best to not get stopped too, it takes longer to pull over and try to talk my way out of a ticket than to just slow down... I get what your saying, just know this... Not all cops are bad, not all cooks are good, not all teachers are educators but we have to look past some of that and know that the good outweighs the bad in every profession...

cap

Last edited:
WTF .. I dont get how anyone could've missed the motorcycle dead front of them. If it was a civilian driving they be locked up and charged with all kinds of issshh.. :banghead:
glad the 2 riders are ok and released from the hospital.

I used to be LEO and I do my best to not get stopped too, it takes longer to pull over and try to talk my way out of a ticket than to just slow down... I get what your saying, just know this... Not all cops are bad, not all cooks are good, not all teachers are educators but we have to look past some of that and know that the good outweighs the bad in every profession...

cap

I totally agree with your inputs Cap. Except for one part. When it comes to LEO. The few bad will outweigh the image of the good ones. 1 bad cop can make a whole dept. come off as bad. More than one and then you begin to question the integrity of the whole dept. system. I come from 3 generations of law enforcement and have friends that are cops. There are a lot of hard working, risk their lives for little pay, proud to be public servant police officers.

While I may avoid them as well, it isn't because of their character, it is because of the character of the others in their profession. I see the same uniform, and unfortunately the good ones are being rubber stamped as bad, because the bad ones are the ones that are making us leery of all of them as a profession. Much as they are doing the same for the citizens.

However:

Police officers are trained to be, expected to be, and held to be of a higher standard of example for citizens to respect. They are to remain of high caliber even if they are dealing with scum. That image gets deteriorated pretty quickly when they pull you over. You are courteous to them and they treat you with contempt and hostility like some lower life form. They do it because they know they can. At that moment they are the one that is complete control, they relish that power, and they make you regret paying their salaries. Some officers call that, "Taking control of the situation". I call it being an azzwhole. A COP on a power trip, needs to be hauled before the justice system and dealt with by a higher authority.

I totally agree with your inputs Cap. I come from 3 generations of law enforcement and have friends that are cops. There are a lot of hard working, risk their lives for little pay, proud to be public servant police officers. While I may avoid them as well, it isn't because of their character, it is because of the character of the others in their profession. I see the same uniform, and unfortunately the good ones are being rubber stamped as bad, because the bad ones are the ones that are making us leery of all of them as a profession. Much asthey are doing the same for the citizens.

However:

Police officers are trained to be, expected to be, and held to be of a higher standard of example for citizens to respect. They are to remain of high caliber even if they are dealing with scum. That image gets deteriorated pretty quickly when they pull you over. You are courteous to them and they treat you with contempt and hostility like some lower life form. They do it because they know they can. At that moment they are the one that is complete control, they relish that power, and they make you regret paying their salaries. Some officers call that, "Taking control of the situation". I call it being an azzwhole. A COP on a power trip, needs to be hauled before the justice system and dealt with by a higher authority.

Hey I get it, if an officer is negligent then they need to be held accountable, no complaints from me. I agree in some situations they should be held to a higher standard but in some cases there are beliefs or misinformation about a situation that is just false... Beliefs from people that think they know what officers have been trained on, not every agency trains on the same things, not every cop has attended or been experienced to the same types of cases or calls... The totality of the situation should be looked at not just what social media thinks because of a 20 second clip they saw on youtube... When the situation is fully revealed and all circumstances are laid out then anyone negligent should be held accountable but not by partial facts...

CAp

He probably fell asleep while driving, or was using his laptop. I doubt he is driving around the highways of Ohio running down motorcyclists. The staties here in Ohio are not bad people. Cold and professional, but not bad. Most of the ones I have talked to ride.

Side note, this happens all the time out here. VERY empty highways creates a false sense of security when driving. I cannot tell you how many times an accident will happen when it's foggy or low visibility conditions and then minutes afterwards car after car will crash into the existing accident! I feel safer on the interstate back home in Chicago!

Another side note, this is why I tend to keep "ahead" of traffic out here. Moving faster than the flow of the packs of cars keeps you from being rear ended by speeders and keeps the drunks/bad drivers from impeding a motorcyclist's better field of view.

Cagers will be cagers....

-THE MENACE

Ok in my head this is what happend, no flashing lights so he wasn't after anyone, no cars in front of him so he wasn't running plates. He hit the bike and was like Wtf, he next probley had a breif thought to keep driving. But remembered that 1 he's a cop and would have to explain the damage, and 2 there's a carmera on his dash.

Also this same thing happened to my friend here in Washington, A guy hit him and turned around to check on him, the guy said he had been drinking and didn't want to involve the police because a DUI could cause him loose his hot shot job. The guy paid off my friends Gsxr and got him a new CBR, and gave on 6k for pain he caused him. I ask my friend why he didn't call the police and he said the guy could have hit me and just kept going.

No speed limit on dash cam? Either Officer was speeding, or bike was riding dangerously below speed limit, in order to have a closure - impact rate like that.

Remember rear lights on bikes are not that bright. The officer may have well been distracting himself by texting, computer, whatever, but the closure speed was so high that when the bike comes into the camera's view, he's already hit them....

ANOTHER reason not to ride at night, and if so, to wear hi-vis....

I'm sure the officer didn't do it on purpose (who would); the department is going to have to pay his legal bills and their judgment. It's a sad thing that happened - how this got turned into a cop-bashing thread I don't understand.

Back