Trooper Hawking us

New York: HOV LANE VIOLATION PENALTIES "HOV or High Occupancy Vehicle"

In general, anyone caught in the HOV lane without a passenger will receive 3 points and be required to pay a fine of over $100. It is also important to note that crossing into or out of the carpool lane at any area other than a designated entry point will result in additional traffic violations, fees, and possible points. This is regardless of whether or not you have a passenger. Such penalties can cause severe damage to your driving record and your finances, so contact a New York traffic ticket lawyer right away to discuss your situation and your legal options.

New Jersey: The HOV lane is located at the far left side of the highway, and marked with the distinctive white diamonds that are found on other HOV lanes in New Jersey and throughout the country. The HOV lane is available to vehicles carrying two or more passengers (including infants and young children) during designated rush hours. At all other times, the lane is available to all vehicles. Motorists violating the HOV lane restrictions are subject to a $76 fine and two motor vehicle points.

L.A./San Diego
$271 $406 $675 - Moving violation, one point

HOV Violation Fines.jpg

Attachments

• HOV Violation Fines.pdf
    134.9 KB · Views: 349
Breaking the speed limit when a cop is following... Fail!!
Just curious as to how you didnt know he was following even more when ya have buddies riding with you, Mirror check ever :dunno:

On the business of HOV lanes: USDOT - Federal Highway Administration

That page basically says that states can only disallow motorcycles in an HOV lane if their presence is determined to be a safety hazard. I'd be interested in hearing any state's justification for that.

I was never sure of the laws for HOV. To me its like speeding. I know I should not be doing it but do anyway.

But its nice to know the risks of my actions

I wonder if all states go by the Fed standards and let motorcycles ride it. I know my state likes to make there own local laws. example: stop sign was always full stop for 3 secs. some towns changed it to 5 and are handing out tickets

One thing i'm not sure of out here(SoCal)is with the double yellow lines separating the car pool lane from the other lanes,you cross those in a car and it's a huge azz fine,but every morning on my way to work i see at least a dozen bikes(both civilians and CHP's)riding on them/crossing them/following each other down them with never any issue so it must be legal(i'm assuming it must be considered as lane splitting which is legal out here but need to look into it).

New York: HOV LANE VIOLATION PENALTIES "HOV or High Occupancy Vehicle"

In general, anyone caught in the HOV lane without a passenger will receive 3 points and be required to pay a fine of over $100. It is also important to note that crossing into or out of the carpool lane at any area other than a designated entry point will result in additional traffic violations, fees, and possible points. This is regardless of whether or not you have a passenger. Such penalties can cause severe damage to your driving record and your finances, so contact a New York traffic ticket lawyer right away to discuss your situation and your legal options.

New Jersey: The HOV lane is located at the far left side of the highway, and marked with the distinctive white diamonds that are found on other HOV lanes in New Jersey and throughout the country. The HOV lane is available to vehicles carrying two or more passengers (including infants and young children) during designated rush hours. At all other times, the lane is available to all vehicles. Motorists violating the HOV lane restrictions are subject to a $76 fine and two motor vehicle points.

L.A./San Diego
$271 $406 $675 - Moving violation, one point

Cool video, sorry kind of funny though, he could have got you earlier though.

In ever state I have ridden in Motorcycles have always been exempt in HOV lanes, in fact in Virginia it says it right on the HOV signs. Motorcycles are even exempt from paying the toll just like HOV - 3 vehicles when using the EZ pass lanes on the Beltway in VA.

In general,

Northern Virginia HOV Lane Fines: First offense: $125
Second offense: $250 plus 3 points on your driving record
Third offense: $500 plus 3 points on your driving record
Fourth offense: $1,000 plus 3 points on your driving record

Exceptions to the rules

1. Motorcycles are permitted to use HOV lanes throughout Virginia during HOV hours.

Cool video, sorry kind of funny though, he could have got you earlier though.

In ever state I have ridden in Motorcycles have always been exempt in HOV lanes, in fact in Virginia it says it right on the HOV signs. Motorcycles are even exempt from paying the toll just like HOV - 3 vehicles when using the EZ pass lanes on the Beltway in VA.

In general,

Northern Virginia HOV Lane Fines: First offense: $125
Second offense: $250 plus 3 points on your driving record
Third offense: $500 plus 3 points on your driving record
Fourth offense: $1,000 plus 3 points on your driving record

Exceptions to the rules

1. Motorcycles are permitted to use HOV lanes throughout Virginia during HOV hours.

Yea.... He coulda got us a little earlier , but he was still Hawking before we did anything "Offensive"

Back