Triumph Storm

ROADTOAD1340

Donating Member
Registered
Been storing this 1700 Triumph Storm for a mate , actually been blocking my Busa from exiting my house and driveway to a fair degree ... These Triumphs are very popular Down Under , and thought you might like to see a Trumpy Bagger , and also my 80 y.o Ma's GM Statesman .... HAHA :thumbsup:
IMG_20180314_091434.jpg
IMG_20180308_091123.jpg

That looks like the equivalent of the Chevy Malibu here, the mid size just below the Impala. I think a V6 is all that's offered in either one. I saw a gorgeous fully optioned Impala one day that was very impressive but begged for a healthy V8.

The last GM Holden Commodore had around 475kw , well 635hp , think it was supercharged . The utes are around 417 kw for Malibu . They are all pretty fast cars and the sedan does handle very well , they say . The Statesman is longer than the commodore , , but the last examples were a fair bit shorter than the model in my picture . They are the luxury Australian GM model , but the top commodore of the day was equipped the same . My only surviving brother has a Monaro , sold in the USA as a Pontiac , with 5.7 liter donk .

Mine's the Caddy version with a tiny 4.4L Hemi V8 with a Roots style blower with 15 pounds of boost turning out about 470hp and 440 lb/ft of torque. It's more of a fast sports touring machine vs a real corner carver despite huge anti sway bars and a souped up suspension with Brembos (it weighs 4,000 pounds). It's an 06 and is approaching 100,000 miles. I bought it from retired NHRA top fuel champion Eddie Hill.

I forgot to mention , that Storm is a UK imported model , so has the matt black finish , which is unavailable I am told in Australia .
Also , this is a back seat picture of Dogboy , on his protective cover set up . These GM cars are often used for limo services etc over here , and we get lots of looks when I drive him around sitting up looking out the window in the back by himself . The bastard gets a real smug attitude when he's sitting back there , and even when fully strapped in , he's in full comfort . :laugh:
IMG_20180315_184718.jpg

Don't they run these cars in the V8 super car races? I watch that occasionally and that looks like a blast to both watch and drive in! BTW the Pontiac G8 was an awesome car.

I forgot to mention , that Storm is a UK imported model , so has the matt black finish , which is unavailable I am told in Australia .
Also , this is a back seat picture of Dogboy , on his protective cover set up . These GM cars are often used for limo services etc over here , and we get lots of looks when I drive him around sitting up looking out the window in the back by himself . The bastard gets a real smug attitude when he's sitting back there , and even when fully strapped in , he's in full comfort . :laugh:View attachment 1580017
James Brown said "It's a Man's World" but we all know it belongs to our dogs!

Don't they run these cars in the V8 super car races? I watch that occasionally and that looks like a blast to both watch and drive in! BTW the Pontiac G8 was an awesome car.
Yes Willie , but the Commodore sedan . They went to two car series in the beginning , Ford and GM Holden only for a number of years . Then recently the cars were rebuilt a level or more further up the racecraft scale . I am not sure , maybe more so full race chassis , and they now run Nissan and Volvo , not sure what other makes . Also , now I believe they all use the same engine , and chassis and control tires , but subtle different body shell with makers tag . Really big changes were made to series , including no grid girls ?? , anyway , not a massive fan , but occasionally watch it , because can be great driving / racing .

Back