Trips Planned This Year

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone got any big trips planned this summer? I'm itching for a glacier national park ride!

Nothing as cool as that. I'm sure that I will make a couple of trips to Nashville, a few to Lexington KY and the wife is trying to talk me into riding out to Utah to visit her family.

I get up there at least once a year. Love the countryside in and around the park. The huckleberry milk shakes are reason enough to make the trip! Crossing the GTTSR in either direction is a spectacular ride. I think I prefer riding east to west so I can stop along the water near the western boundary towards the end of the day. Just a short walk from parking the bike to the water's edge. Peaceful and quiet. Usually stay in Kalispell. May try staying on the eastern side next time in St. Mary, at the east entrance and within walking distance to The Park cafe for a milkshake and a buffalo burger. As to your question, I've always wanted to visit the R&R Hall of Fame but it's a long way to Cleveland! Maybe take the direct route there and then meander northwest along the top of the country and swing by Glacier NP on my way home...

http://home.nps.gov/applications/glac/roadstatus/roadstatus.cfm

Last edited:
We stayed in Kalispell on the last trip.... Northern Cascades is one if my favorite rides too.

Texas hill country next week . California to see our son at Camp Pendleton, and bring him his new to him ninjas 500r I'll be picking up this Saturday. Will borrow a friend's zrx to ride while in CA.

Dont have anything planned at the moment, just a weekend trip here and there with the boys.

Once you're up there there's a helluva day ride you can take that circles back to Kalispell or if you're headed south, thru Missoula and the Lolo Pass and hiway 12. Head north out of Kalispell thru White Fish up to Eureka then turn south thru Libby then north ending up at Bonner's Ferry ID. Head south to Sandpoint then east along hiway 200 to Plains where you'll decide to head back north to the Glacier area or southeast towards the Lolo or past Hamilton along the Salmon. Great riding country!

I need to look but we rode west to east and I keep thinuking hwy2 loop back to Kalispell was the route, it was below the park.

I need to look but we rode west to east and I keep thinuking hwy2 loop back to Kalispell was the route, it was below the park.

You're right it is hiway 2 that goes around the park to the south and back up the west side. 89 is the east side hiway that connects with 2.

Last edited:
I teach at community college, 5 of my students have landed internships in Colorado for the summer! I told them I'd ride out there and buy them steak dinners :). Thinking about soloing it, and looking for the cheapest steakhouse in Denver area lol.

Wife and I are planning a couple 3 day trips to SW Wisconsin. Living in Iowa, SW Wisconsin is probably my favorite ride. Wishing I could do an ADV ride, the T.W.A.T. ride across Wisconsin. I need a couple of cheap DR650s or XR650s.

Brother and usually ride to Sturgis but last year it was so expensive and crowded I might never go there again. Maybe an earlier trip to the Black Hills.

I've never been to the Ozarks but an acquaintance of mine says that's his favorite place to ride, hope to try it someday.

This Iowa winter and late spring has got me wanting for summer.

Anyone got any big trips planned this summer? I'm itching for a glacier national park ride!

Here's my schedule for 2016 : The MT trip at the end of June should include Glacier NP, still working on all the details. Feel free to join in if you want to!

May 12-16, I'll be in SE OH
Jun 18 - Jul 4, I'll be in MT
Jul 23 - Aug 7, I'll be in CO
Sep 22-26, I'll be in VA/NC/TN

Here's my schedule for 2016 : The MT trip at the end of June should include Glacier NP, still working on all the details. Feel free to join in if you want to!

May 12-16, I'll be in SE OH
Jun 18 - Jul 4, I'll be in MT
Jul 23 - Aug 7, I'll be in CO
Sep 22-26, I'll be in VA/NC/TN

holy hot tires Lisa..... Ride ride like the wind to be free again!

Wow. I'm jealous of you all. I'm in the perfect place for some really nice trips to other countries on the Busa. I just don't have the support of the wife to ride to those places. I live in Germany so I could ride four hours south and visit the Black Forest. A few hours more south and I'm in Italy. Head east and I'm in Austria. Those places have at least seven of the World best driving roads.

I should just leave for a week and don't say anything.

Wow. I'm jealous of you all. I'm in the perfect place for some really nice trips to other countries on the Busa. I just don't have the support of the wife to ride to those places. I live in Germany so I could ride four hours south and visit the Black Forest. A few hours more south and I'm in Italy. Head east and I'm in Austria. Those places have at least seven of the World best driving roads.

Yep, a weeks ride would make a good turn around point. Oh and I haven't had one of those (non supporters) for thirty years now. But I've had many bikes and have ridden about 400,000 miles so far. Seen many sights and have never been out of the US. Go!

If I lived where you live I would wear out a motorcycle.

Reactions: LCB
It's amazing. Although you think about going places on the highways (autobahn), you end up taking the country roads. Its like that everywhere you go. Nice twisty country roads and unlimited speed on the highways. An ideal place for a biker.

Second half of June I am riding a 2002 R1 from Portland Oregon to Orlando Florida, via Vegas. Planning on 10-14 days total (3200 miles). He inherited about 12 bikes from his brother that passed last year. I am buying the R1 and his R6. He will accomany me to Vegas, where another friend will be riding with me the rest of the way.
Notoriously the most uncomfortable thing on two wheels!
Really looking forward to it tho.
If anyone lives near the route, feel free to eat up some miles with us if ur game.
Troy

image.jpg

Second half of June I am riding a 2002 R1 from Portland Oregon to Orlando Florida, via Vegas. Planning on 10-14 days total (3200 miles). He inherited about 12 bikes from his brother that passed last year. I am buying the R1 and his R6. He will accomany me to Vegas, where another friend will be riding with me the rest of the way.
Notoriously the most uncomfortable thing on two wheels!
Really looking forward to it tho.
If anyone lives near the route, feel free to eat up some miles with us if ur game.
Troy

Just enjoy the road!

Back