Triple tree

TurboSN95

Registered
Hey guys, brand wise, are all triple-tree's created equal?  I see a bunch of companies that sell them with different designs.  Is there a preferred brand to stick with?  I want GOOD parts, considering this is my suspension we are talking about.  Mainly looking to lower the front end an inch and a half.

Thanks everyone... Happy Turkey Day!

This has been discussed a million times. No they are not all created equal. Basically there are two different kinds.

There is one that replaces your top cover and lets the tubes slide through.

The other replaces both clamps with one stronger piece.

I went with the one piece PMR unit.

post-11-74994-4sale_7x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I've heard is to stay away from the NYC and Yani Shiki (?sp), I believe the skeleton ones from them. I bought a SpencerCycles lowering top clamp (cover). Actually I have it in the oven for the second coat of powder coating, then a coat of clear.

Charlie

(TurboSN95 @ Nov. 23 2006,17:04)anyone got the one from Cyclecat?

That's a great clamp, I really wanted one, but couldn't justify the extra cheese for it. Not only does it cost more, you have to buy clip-ons too so you have somewhere to mount your bars.

There was one board member who got the setup and really liked it, but like I said, it costs a lot more that the others.

(thebbbusa @ Nov. 23 2006,15:11) This has been discussed a million times.
And I apologize about that. I tried searching "Triple Tree" for a while and had no luck... then after my post I realized "triple clamp" was the correct terminology.

I have the same top clamp from PMR and it's a great piece. Came with good instructions and a tamper proof torx wrench to remove the ignition cylinder. I like it cause it replace the very HEAVY stock top clamp and looks much better than the replacment top piece clamps. Only draw back is most steering dampers are not a direct bolt on because the top 4 bolts are now gone. I didn't notice any difference in vibrations eliminating the stock 2 piece upper.

a_new_busa2.JPG

lmk if you want the diamond powersport one or PMR one(nice piece and more than worth the money),can have to you within a few days...

Pic of my Spencercycle Billet Top Clamp after powder coating. Forgive the scratch slight dropping of a new allen socket from a friends hand to my clamp then to my hand
sad.gif
Anyway, looks nice, lightweight, yet billet strong. Fit was flawless.

Charlie

I have both the Diamond PowerSports and the PMR clamps on the bikes. Have no problems with either except the DP has to be adjusted just right to allow full turn of the bars.

Back