Triple Tree bolt "caps"

mrjoeys50

Registered
Anyone know where I can get some? When I lowered mine I lost one... It is the cap that goes into the allen head bolt... Thanks:thumbsup:

Definitely let us know what you find out. I could use all 4 of 'em. Yeah, Stealer is very pricey...

Try this link to an e-bay seller....

http://[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com.au/99-07-Suzuki-GSXR-1300-Hayabusa-Chrome-Fork-Caps-Covers_W0QQitemZ160350131542QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories?hash=item25559cd556&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50"]

Hmmm....something wrong with my link, you'll hafta copy & paste it into your browser.

Last edited:
I didn't see it in the first link... - those are for fork caps. We're looking for the little chrome ones that go in the 4 bolts that mount the handle bar clamp to the tree.

Eventually lost all four of mine after lowering it as well. Apparently they're one time use or we don't have the ninja secrets of removal and installation. :laugh:

Drift, could you take a pic of the caps you got at Ace? There's an Ace near me, and I want to see what I'd be looking for.

Checked with Suzuki dealer. List price is $4.50 each. I also would like to see pic of hardware store caps.

I wrape small wire around them and under the head and gently pull them off..You could pry with a small screw driver work around instead of one area..there plastic and damage easy!!

Home Cheapo also sell some caps that are decent..You can buff them up to look better..

harley shops also sell chrome caps..I have them on every hole on my bikes..

I wrape small wire around them and under the head and gently pull them off..You could pry with a small screw driver work around instead of one area..there plastic and damage easy!!

Home Cheapo also sell some caps that are decent..You can buff them up to look better..

harley shops also sell chrome caps..I have them on every hole on my bikes..

Screw driver tips are to fatt and will chip break the chrome head. USE a razar blade under the lip and work your way around the head bit at a time...come right off no damage. And they can be reused often if you take them off with care.:beerchug:

Eventually lost all four of mine after lowering it as well. Apparently they're one time use or we don't have the ninja secrets of removal and installation. :laugh:

I didn't even know they were caps when I swapped my triple tree:laugh: swapping it out an tightening them back up with out taking off the caps was quite a workout:banghead::banghead:

And I was cursing Suzuki's good name for making these weird ars bolts with no kind of head to grab on:rofl:

I didn't even know they were caps when I swapped my triple tree:laugh: swapping it out an tightening them back up with out taking off the caps was quite a workout:banghead::banghead:

And I was cursing Suzuki's good name for making these weird ars bolts with no kind of head to grab on:rofl:

Frankenstein Bolts is another fine example. Just use channel locks :laugh:

Back