Triple Tree and Exhaust

dezzy7

Registered
First post and i've got a couple of questions. the first is technical and the other is an opinion question that i am sure has been debated on previous occassions.

First, I;m trying to get the triple tree off my bike to have it chromed, is there a special tool needed? Everytime i turn the bottom nut the whole thing  turns and of course the top of the bolt is round and smooth?
confused.gif
? Any advice??

Second, I really don't need a race only exhaust sense i'm not racing so i'm looking for some bolt-ons with a nice deep growl, deeep is not equivalent to loud. i want something throaty. The question is what do you'll reccommend since i haven't heard a lot of the stuff like HMF, Micron, etc on a busa?
confused.gif
confused.gif

:whip:  whippin it into the ultimate Sport GT

confused.gif

confused.gif

I HAVE A MICRON FULL EXHAUST ON MY BUSA BRAND NEW COSTS 580. BUCKS.IT SOUNDS GOOD REMINDS ME OF A FLOWMASTER ON A MUSTANG 5.0.

For the triple tree cover, you need to remove the four chrome plastic caps. Get a thin knife and work the caps off. Now you can remove the bolts with an 8mm allen wrench.

On the exhaust, I also have a Micron system, but it is the full race one. It's deep and throaty, but also loud. Although it isn't annoying like the HMF or Two Brothers, IMO. Micron slip-ons are fairly decent. Yosh slip-ons are a bit tinny sounding to me.

The consensus over the pond is for Microns, if it's just a bit a grunt you want !!
aktion035.gif

There are others that are a tad more beefy, but you may need to have some tuning done, the Microns just slip on and away you go .

you guys are great, i really appreciate the support, especially on the triple tree ....
happy.gif
...to get such a response on my first day in the club brings tears to my eyes :hammerhead:

Back