Triple clamp w/adjustable bar angle

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking for a way to adjust the angle of the handlebars, and I'm pretty sure I've seen a pic of a triple clamp somewhere that does it. Being able to raise the bars higher would be a bonus.

Anyone have/know of a brand that fits the bill?
rock.gif
smile.gif

Pictures would be great if you have one of these...

Cycle cat sort of makes one.  Their triple clamp doesn't have bar mounts, you have to get what are called clip ons to mount the bars.  They sell those too, and they are adjustable.  Expect to pay more than twice as much as normal for this setup.   Someone here did a write up on this very setup.  Looks awesome, but $$$.

Edit: Found the link to the review:

Thanks for the info guys!

Still looking for the one with the angle adjustment on top, can't find it on a search...
rock.gif

I eventually want to swap out my current setup (Genmar/Helibar) for the Cycle Cats but don't want the added expense of their top triple clamp. I got an email from Chris at OnCycles one time and he said that you had to run their clamp to use these. They offer a lot of adjust ability and are damn sexy for sure! I pm'd KS Waterbug about this a little while ago but I just am not sure I want to make that leap yet.

The Convertibars are functionally pretty good. No angle adjustment aside from the Axial Rotation. But Aesthetically a ways off the mark for me.

Has anyone on here got any Experience with the Gilles Variobars?
http://www.gillestooling.com/produkt....ngl.pdf

I think anyone should be able to find set of handlebar angles they're comfortable with from convertibars. With that being said I don't think you will be needing to make adjustment once you find a pair your comfortable with when the handlebar are in its most top or lower position. Both systems have their good points but for my type of riding the converibars appear to go as higher and further rearward for an upright position for those long hauls and further downward if you like to hit the twisty.

This is a pretty cheap way to go for $70.

The SCP1 is a solid billet, CNC-machined cover for the center of the stock Hayabusa triple clamp. It is designed to permit removal of the stock clamp cover and bars, enabling the use of clip-ons (and fork tube adjustment) with the stock triple clamp.

I plan on using the above top cover, after I remove my clip (tripple tree or whatever its called) on's for the convertibars to cover the ugly black stock plate below.

The handlebar below are in an elevated tour riding position and can be lowered down for sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Rhythm @ Sep. 01 2007,11:57)
(thebbbusa @ Sep. 01 2007,11:55) Dang, look at those, ape hangers for the bus!! LOL
Yep, but who's laughn now?
laugh.gif

These babies can adjust to unbelieveable lenghts, up or down. DOn't hate the playa, hate the game.

SuzukiGSXR750c.jpg
Do they mention anything about the fast idle cable or throttle cables in their literature? The Clutch and brake lines are easy to fix but the Cables for the throttle and fast idle will need a little more thought.

(bigoltool @ Sep. 01 2007,13:51)
(Rhythm @ Sep. 01 2007,11:57)
(thebbbusa @ Sep. 01 2007,11:55) Dang, look at those, ape hangers for the bus!!  LOL
Yep, but who's laughn now?  
laugh.gif

These babies can adjust to unbelieveable lenghts, up or down.  DOn't hate the playa, hate the game.

SuzukiGSXR750c.jpg
Do they mention anything about the fast idle cable or throttle cables  in their literature? The Clutch and brake lines are easy to fix but the Cables for the throttle and fast idle will need a little more thought.
This is the only lit I could find for now.

Max Rise allowed with stock lines*

Rise Allowed With Stock Lines
Stock Hydraulic Brake Line 1
Stock Hydraulic Clutch Line 1
Stock Throttle Line 3
Stock Electrical Lines 3
*ConvertiBARS travel relative to the stock location; measurements are in inches.

Click here to view for more info

Back