Trip to the US in Sept

nachaya

Registered
Hi,
we are planing a trip to the US ( East coast ) can you suggest a few Car and bike rental cos that I can get in touch with...any help here is appreciated..coming in from India...

Regards
AN

The East coast is a very large area, can you be more specific as to where your start/end points would be?
Renting motorcycles can be a very pricey adventure, coming from out of country I would have all my ducks lined up and have proper documents ready when you find someone to deal with.

Good luck and have a great trip!:thumbsup:

we land in NY , do the usual touristy round of DC , Philly , Chicago , Toronto and back to NY....would like to do some parts on the bike

Think about California on the next trip and contact Tim pashnit.com I think he could show you a really good time. It's all about the passion :thumbsup:

we land in NY , do the usual touristy round of DC , Philly , Chicago , Toronto and back to NY....would like to do some parts on the bike

Not a whole lot of places to rent sport bikes in the NE area, certainly none that allow you to ride into Canada (at least that I've seen). Chicago is a fair bit of a drive, are you planning to fly there and back to the NY area?

As for rental places for cars, there's most any out there, National Rental = EuroCar, Hertz, Avis are others that would be good for a car rental.

Depending on your plans, I can assume you are flying into JFK, I would not even rent a car if you are just going into NYC. Parking is a hassle and is $$$$$. You can catch a train between NYC - Phili - DC and back up again for about as cheap as you can drive it and again, no parking hassles + you can sight see on the trip :thumbsup: Train and Bus Tickets, Other Thruway Services - USA and Canada | Amtrak.com can give you some ideas. I'm not as sure about Phili but for NYC and DC you only need a car if you are going to be leaving the downtown area.

You can likely find a Harley Davidson rental place along the way but not sure how far you can go with them, never rented them. If you were going to the Deals Gap area, there's a place down there that rents sport bikes. If you want some amazing roads to ride, thats certainly one place to add to the plans, but its sorta out of the way from DC by about 10hrs :whistle:

Post up some more details on your plans and maybe we can offer some more ideas :beerchug:

yeah lots of no for the biking bit so will stick to trains on inter city maybe do short hops on a rental car. thanks for the same will send some more details on the trip for some advise and good to see locations...

also want to pick up some gear ...any suggestions - dainese , astar..

yeah lots of no for the biking bit so will stick to trains on inter city maybe do short hops on a rental car. thanks for the same will send some more details on the trip for some advise and good to see locations...

also want to pick up some gear ...any suggestions - dainese , astar..

Lots of reviews on the site for gear, if you know where you are going to be you can have stuff shipped to the hotel, probably the cheapest/best route as most dealer inventory is small and expensive. If you were to find yourself at a Cyclegear store while here, they have a pile of stuff on the floor and are reasonable on price. A lot of folks here shop online at MotorcycleGear.com (the new name of New Enough) :: Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Gloves, Boots, Luggage, Parts and More! They are all riders and have their own reviews along with the manufacturer ones, they don't hold back and are honest about fit/finish/form/etc. They also have a pretty awesome return policy so if you get it shipped to say NYC and find it doesnt fit or you dont like, return it and they can send the replacement to the next city I'm sure :)

You could look at buying a bike with cash and selling it when you are done. I know a bunch of guys used to do that when they came to the US from India. Paid cash bought cheap and sold it for cheap when they left. Heck I think a few of them might have even made money selling in a different area than they bought in :thumbsup:

Back