Trip Prep

1ibandit

Registered
Two other guys and myself went on 400 mile ish trip on Tuesday. I had lots of work to do for the trip and didn't make a check list. Well the trip to Wildcat mountain was great fun, At the end we hit a rain storm that followed us home.

Part of my trip prep was to put USB ports to my bike so I can run my radar detector and My phone/Gps, and Camera... Well USB ports worked great.

The problem I had because I didn't make a check list was forgetting the memory stick in my camera. I had taken it out to clean off the old movies and pictures. I started taking movies and pics and ran out of space real quick. I had wanted to post a few here, but the only real picture I took was on a farry....

FILE0010.jpg

FILE0008.jpg

Nice pics... think u can post pics of your usb set up?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I will take some pics later and post them. I cheated though... I looked around local for just USB ports that would run off of 12v, I didn't have any luck finding them so I went to Walmart and got a 2 port usb, 2 port 12v sig lighter jack. Soldered wires to the connectors ( bottom +, Sides are - ) Electrical taped them, and mounted it to the top triple tree. Then wired them into the system.

1ibandit

Here are some pics of how I added the usb ports. I picked up the i-XT from walmart it has two usb ports and two cigarette lighter ports. I use one cigarette port for my radar detector the other will not be used. The two usb ports are for my phone/gps and the other for my camera if needed.

My phone/gps uses bluetooth to go to my wireless head set. My brother has the other half of the wireless head set so he and I can talk the whole time. If the phone or GPS go off it cuts into our line to let me know.

The setup rocks.. The USB ports are designed for a cigarette lighter.

1ibandit

IMG_8180[1].jpg

IMG_8182[1].jpg

Back