Trip pics - Loring LSR

02spool

Registered
Pics are in order,coming and going to Loring.
Or as one of the locals had stated "The end of the world".:laugh: The area is beautiful and the people are wonderful.
Reminds me of days long gone by,where the values ,integrity and tradition of this country were common place.Felt great until we got back into the NH area and the reality of the way things are now, hit us squarely in the face.It only gets worse as you head farther south!
First time we have seen the milky way,comets and the like, since off the florida coast about 15 years ago.Sorry no pics of that,but then they would do the view no justice.:bowdown:

Lots of pics, so I will add as I go.
BTW the racing was awesome.:cheerleader:The Ford GT was top car at 218+ mph. Alot more cars over 200 this year! There was a smart car there also that ran a blinding 89 mph to nab a record in its class,the only one in its class, I was told.:poke:???
Ricky Gadson leaving the line was a sight to behold,think he had everybody covered.:laugh: I did not run on Sat. so I ran a tow vehicle for one of the car racers,was a lot of fun.:thumbsup:
The event ran very smoothy and was a nice follow-up to the first one last year.Nice job by the orginizers and volunteers who made it so.:beerchug:
Hope to make it up there again.:please:

DSC02142.jpg

DSC02145.jpg

DSC02147.jpg

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02149.jpg

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02153.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

DSC02157.jpg

DSC02158.jpg

DSC02167.jpg

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

DSC02171.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02182.jpg

DSC02199.jpg

DSC02201.jpg

I figured that might get brought up.:whistle:
Well lets just say I let the bike down. I over geared the bike and left 500 rpm on the table at the line.:poke:.
I based this on last years results 206.5 on my 08 busa. I was under geared for the conditions and was on the limiter foe a 1/4 mile.Also factor in my lack of experience in LSR. Basically I did not learn anything last year,thanks to a huge tailwind.:bowdown: This year I learned a lot.:whistle: I was there to enjoy the event and ride it home. Was a blast!
I made 6 runs on sunday, in this order
193-192-195-196-198.4 -195
I think the last run was there, but I missed a shift and that was that. :moon: Its hard to tell the diff. at speed as they all felt pretty fast.:thumbsup: I probably broke 200, as I stayed in it well past the traps,but that aint official.:beerchug:
BTW The bike has 47,000 miles on it ,half of them turboed. 5.5 # boost 221 hp 140 ft#

Not sure of the white busa.But many,most gen 2's were easily over 200.Ithink last year every gen 2 was over 200.
Last year I,did not run under 200(4 runs),this year not 1 over.Thats why they say "that racing". Was a humbling lesson.:bowdown: Oh, to have a diff sprocket out back!

Great pics! :bowdown: Anytime you can ride two uyp, race, and then head home on the same bike is a good weekend. :thumbsup: LSR can be very humbling experience. You're always chasing a perfect run.
Glad you had such a good time. Next time ask around the pits for some sprockets and tools. Everyone tries to help everyone. :beerchug:

I tell you this....it takes serious balls to take a road trip on a turbo bike, land speed race it and ride it home...

Now I have taken road trips on mine, I have even road it 90 miles round trip to the 1/4 mi drag strip and raced it and rode it home....but no way in hell would I ride it and race it at an LSR event...

Kudos to you and your confidence in your machine...

great pics and write-up, glad you had a great time :beerchug:

I was there and had a great time. The people that run at these events are like a big family. I don't believe there are any secrets among these guys, if someone figures a tweak that will help the team next to him go faster, they will hear from him. The competition in this sport is within yourself, not your neighbor. Speaking of the wonderful state of Maine, I believe I can be professional critic, for I was born and raise in the big town of Limestone. Left there when I was 18, thinking I would never come back to this end of the earth. But now when I visit I see the beauty that I was ignorant to when I was younger. I do want to stay that I wouldn't live here for any money. The winter here are unbelievable. The saying goes: 6 months of winter, 2 months of mud season, 2 months getting ready for winter, and some wheres in there we sneak in 3,4 weeks of summer. I want express a very grateful thank you for the folks who made the long trek here to this event and spent some money here and hope to see you here again next year. Bring a friend, love to meet all of you.:thumbsup:

Back