Trijicon Combat sights

A buddy of mine sent me this:

The ACOG scope I bought in 2001 includes a bible verse reference in the serial number -- Trijicon's founder, Glyn Bindon immigrated to the US from South Africa and founded his company -- it became corporate practice to include biblical reference in the serial numbers of ALL scopes and sights they sell. Both for military and civilian sales. Its not the stock numbers or model numbers.

If you look up the bible verses -- they all make reference to LIGHT and/ or being able to see in light. Since the Bindon Aiming Concept which Trijicon's scopes are built under is intended to make sight pictures more identifiable in low light or no light conditions, the references to Light are appropriate.

The serial numbers typically follow a pattern of xxxxx1JN316 or something to that effect -- unless you knew what it was, it would just look like another alpha numeric series. Trijicon has never published it.

Rachel Maddow is about as big an idiot as there is on TV. I just happened to see her commentary on it.

Seems like much ado about nothing. But it might be time to buy stock in their company.:thumbsup: What better publicity could you get?

Seems like much ado about nothing. But it might be time to buy stock in their company.:thumbsup: What better publicity could you get?

Maybe it got leaked on purpose :laugh:

But would stink to lose the military funds if they get dropped~!~

Maybe it got leaked on purpose :laugh:

But would stink to lose the military funds if they get dropped~!~

If they have to choose between removing the verse references and keeping the contract it will be an interesting test of principal over profit....

That is toooooo cool.
I just looked at both of mine and you are correct.
Neatooooo !
Now I got Holy Rifles that will shoot straighter and seek the souls of evildoers !

Armalites.JPG

Now on CNN Rick Sanchez says is it right to put holy verses on a gunsight ?
Todays topic....here we go...sorry Trijicon the wind is blowing your way !
Glad I got mine cuz you know Hillary will just have to ban those....

Those are very clear + expensive lenses. Seems that if your life depends on it they are one of the -100 yds sights used.

-100 yds sights used

Ryc1966 please clarify that...?

The Acogs I have will hit out to a much greater distance than -100 yds ?
The reticles once tuned to the load you are shooting or vice versa are dead on. My carbines will hit out to 4-500 yds easy without adj.

Think the big stink comes from the uproar they would probably get from the Iraqi and Afgan troops they are training over there. Might be the kind of thing that would turn them against the US as well!

Think the big stink comes from the uproar they would probably get from the Iraqi and Afgan troops they are training over there. Might be the kind of thing that would turn them against the US as well!

Only if they could have listened to the American news outlets and understood English? Of course we were probably stupid enough to translate it for them...Sometimes we REALLY are our own worst enemy.

Might be the kind of thing that would turn them against the US as well!

You really think that some Afgan who suppose us now, will fight against us just because of a serial #. If so, then he would have changed or is already supporting our Enemys now.

This stupid PC stuff is what will KILL OUR Men. The Trig is the Best Scope out there PERIOD. And to stop buying them because of this is INSANE !

Did you know they've been on all their products for 30 years.

This is what makes us look STUPID to the rest of the World. Does anyone think the Moslem Wack"O"s care what we think about them. I wonder if they think,"Geeeeeeeeeezzzzz Momar, maybe we shouldn't CUT his head off because it might make more people join their Army ! Yeah, Wazie, sorry ! Ok, all you guys stop the Head Chopping Stuff " :laugh:

I don't care one way or another. They make the best acog out there and that's why they got the contract. But if they knew it wasn't supposed to be there and put it there anyway. Pay the fine. You got caught. Take it off the gov contract ones. Get over it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Please take it from someone who deals with Govt/Mil contracts daily.
I have never seen any clause in any request for quote from any base or office that said religious verses or quotes could not be used as a serial number or printed on equipment.

Our troops carry bibles with them , whats the diff ? Written on the gun or in the book .

My company site is below as well as a copy of a Govt contract I bid on awhile back.
While there are over 50pgs of clauses you HAVE TO KNOW none refer to religion or things like we see on the Acog.

They may just remove it at the request of but not because they are contract bound to do so...

Home Page

Attachments

• lift RFQ.pdf
    125.9 KB · Views: 582
I don't really want to read a bunch of legal talk right now. Lol. But I'm sure there's a section on religious things. Point I'm saying is I'm sure they knew it wasn't kosher or it would be a well known fact and they would talk more about it.

Its the talk about well it doesn't specifically state that I can't do this specific thing. Its because it hasn't been done. Its that simple. I'm sure it'll be in a new contract.

A soldier carrying a bible is his personal belief and such. Nothing to do with it. Not everyone is religious I'm one of them. But it doesn't offend me or bother me in the slightest. My only problem with it is them trying to put it over innocently. Its not innocent or it would have a more profound design.

Like I said. I'm positive there is some paperwork in there about religious references. If not they got away. There most likely will be and just remove it. Don't make a big deal out of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back