Tribute to kawasaki

StrtRac3r

Registered
So my buddy bought a zx10 about 3 months ago. He put I think about 3k on it since he bought it. Last week he tells me he winterized it and placed it on his rear stand in his garage.

Yesterday he came over and says his spool for the rear swingarm stand ripped out of his swingarm (yes tore the aluminum from around the threaded hole) and fell over into his car.

I'd like to say congrats to them for saving weight on the swingarm, and giving me another reason never to buy.

Sounds strange to me. I've heard of them breaking before but not while they are stationary. There isn't much pressure on them when they are on the stand.. Hmmm.

Stinks either way. I'd be pretty perturbed..

If I get any pics from him I'll post them up, he isn't a small guy so there may be some details he left out (like pretending he was racing Laguna in the garage) but that's something we will never know.

there may be some details he left out (like pretending he was racing Laguna in the garage) but that's something we will never know.
ha, thats probably the more likey scenerio but either way that would not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling

Back