Triangle of Doom

O Holy P

Registered
Ugh...heart skipped a few beats this afternoon. I was leaving work and I had to go back to the office because I forgot something. I took a left on a connecting road that would get me right back where I needed to go instead of making a u-turn. Well this street I turned on, which I don't think I had ever been on, did not continue to my right it was a "T". Well I wasn't even looking at the road and it was dusk anyway and was hard to see. I looked where I was going and I felt front tire starting to wash out. As my eyes about popped out of socket from the surprise I was going slow enough and I stuck my foot out and pushed/dragged it on the pavement to stabilize. I felt the front tire grip again and the back just slid a little and I was able to keep it up. Jeeeez, I'm so glad I wasn't going any faster or I think I woulda been posting pics of some rashed fairings!

Anyway, the reason this happened (I went back by to see), is on that road that comes to a T, traffic only turned right or left from it, obviously...but you know the little triangle area where dirt/rocks/debris collect? Well I went smack dab right through the middle of it!!

Just a few words of refreshment/wisdom for y'all.

Ya i did the same thing going to class last semester only i was going about maybe 10ish
making left turn both tires slid my feet stayed planted to the bike i must have slid a couple of feet before finally finding my groove to go straight ....it felt like a cartoon when the rabbit would run off the cliff then jump back to safety ....scared the crap out of me ...stayed up though and vowed never again to make that left turn again i go a longer way now and it makes it more enjoyable for me and my bike:laugh:

Yeah..Gravel's a bear!

Buddy of mines stopped in some loose gravel (in a triangle), lost footing and dropped his Yamaha Road Star in front of a group of Harley Guys. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least. :laugh:

Glad you were able to keep it up. Here in Arizona we have tons of chip seal and gravel roads so I have to be careful at every turn. You can't find a single one that doesn't have gravel or dirt in it...not a one!

Thanks for the heads up and glad you are ok.
Just one more thing of the 18,436 things out to kill us. :mad2:

Glad you were able to keep it up. Here in Arizona we have tons of chip seal and gravel roads so I have to be careful at every turn. You can't find a single one that doesn't have gravel or dirt in it...not a one!

worse yet... the washes after a good rain storm...

gravel mounds of DOOOooom

I remember going down real fast one day last year due to sand/ gravel Your are right when you say it is a bear and thats a nice word for it. :laugh: Glad you saved the beautiful busa man! :thumbsup:

Glad you saved it and thanks for the heads up!I know it doesnt take much,thats why i NEVER trust ANY corners for "kneedragging or even fast cornering! I'm 53yrs ,so maybe thats why.:laugh:

Back