tre

fritch1969

Registered
Hi guy's
I want to put together a switched tre but can't find a 6.8k resistor,I tied all of the radio shacks around my area but no one has one. where I can find this thing ? oh, I also tried Electronics Boutique.

You can mix and match if you keep them in series (in series.. one after the other forming a line)..

I'm sure you can find 1k resistors.. and 220 ohm resistors and then 33 ohm resistors.

- 1k - 1k - 1k - 1k - 1k - 1k - 220 - 220 - 220 - 33 - 33 - 33 - 33 = 6792 ohms = 6.792k

Those are just the numbers for values I remembered seeing at Radio shack when I was hooking up some LEDs in my car.. There's probably better ones to use, but as long as they add up to the 6.8k it should be fine.

I thought of doing that but I want to keep it as simple as possible(minimum number of connections)but thanks for the input.

OK, What is the difference between the 15K and the 6.8K TRE.?
smile.gif

I believe the 15K fools the bike into thinking its in 6th gear and the 6.8K is 5th gear. The 6.8 is the one you want for Busa and the 15K for all other suzuki's

yeah the 15k resistor will remove the timing retard in the loer gears but not your top speed restrictor. since the bike thinks its in 6th all the time you get all available power in the lower gears but it will still stop pulling about 180 mph. the 6.8k makes it see 5th gear all the time so all the power in the lower gears but it will pull till it runs out of oomph (wherever the hell that is) supposedly up over 200 mph. let me know if you get the balls to see if it actually will i'd like to know. personally my arse starts screamin louder than my nads at about 170 so i always back off and run out of straight road
keep it shiny side up
lumpy

oh yeah, i know where you can buy a kit for 10 bucks i think, has everything you need including the molex connectors so you dont have to butcher your wiring harness. has the switch, resistor, etc email if your interested
lumpy

yeah the 15k resistor will remove the timing retard in the loer gears but not your top speed restrictor.  since the bike thinks its in 6th all the time you get all available power in the lower gears but it will still stop pulling about 180 mph.  the 6.8k makes it see 5th gear all the time so all the power in the lower gears but it will pull till it runs out of oomph (wherever the hell that is) supposedly up over 200 mph.  let me know if you get the balls to see if it actually will i'd like to know.  personally my arse starts screamin louder than my nads at about 170 so i always back off and run out of straight road
keep it shiny side up
lumpy
I have been wondering...If the bikes ECU allways thinks you are in 5th gear how does that effect the Fuel Mapping in first-fourth? Wouldn't it be running rather rich in 1-3? Wouldn't this give the perception of smoother running while fouling plugs and possibly messing up some other things?

I dunno, I really am asking the question.

Any thoughts?

Well i had my bike dyno'd stock about 2 weeks ago, and i just put in a power commander, k&n filter, yosh rs3 race slipons, and a switchable tre 6.8k. going back to the dyno as soon as possible ($45 a pull, and kinda empty after all of the above. wife IS NOT HAPPY) as soon as i get the new charts i will post them and let you guys decide. pulled my plugs the other day and everything looked great (running around with the tre on) and it rides great. i used the switched version (and am very glad) because i thought it might be a good idea to turn it off if i encountered a low traction situation (rain, cold outside/cold tires etc) i can tell a big difference in the available power in the lower rpm's between on/off. i asked the local wrench about the plug issue, and he said all it does is unretard the timing, so it does nothing to the air/fuel ratio. just changes when the cylinder fires so you make more power. someone correct me if i'm wrong, but retard timing= easier starting, advance timing when you accelerate to increase engine rpm's, rich motor + spark advance= accelleration, lean motor + timing retard = flat spot in fuel map, no more go. the local wrench says suzuki does this to all the gixxers/busa to keep the squids from dumpin em on their ass/loopin it out when they grab a handful of first/second etc at way too low a speed. tre on = way more available torque, especially in 1st and 2nd gear. Big difference. if you put one on take a LOT of time playing with it. better to break the rear tire loose just screwin around than in the bottom of a fast apex. i can say without a doubt that the bike has a lot more rideability / controllability especially at lower rpms (going around a corner in town for instance) and the throttle respone is a lot more linear. no more jerking on/off etc. i put my power commander on first, and it made a big difference with this, rode it for a week and put the tre on. about twice as smooth with it on vs off. hope this helps
lumpy

Hope this helps ya, just ignore the second switch if you dont want two resistors
tounge.gif

multi_resistor_TRE.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,,

where can i get the switched tre? I can't find here in greece so i have to order it online...

-=elias=-

Earthdog, search the site I know there is a how to guide to build your own for $10. I did a search on the internet and there are quite a few sites that have this mod listed on them.

Build a switchable tre for $10
rock.gif
When someone finds this info let me know please.

I think i have the instructions for building this mod.. the resistors are only $2 for 4 of them, other than that you just need wire and a switch... I'll check my notes

I noticed that some of you guys were wanting info on building your own tre. this link is to a page where i bought my stuff, he will sell all the stuff for only 10 bucks. i believe that this is probably a great deal, since you get the resistors, the switch, and the molex connectors for the wiring harness (so you dont have to do a hack job on the factory wiring harness). i ordered mine complete and had it in about 5 days, but if i had to do again i would order the kit and put it together myself. looks super easy to do. here is the link

http://www.pro-libertate.com/gsxr1000/Jproducts.html

just cut and paste and voila

later lumpy

Hi all!

i ordered my switched tre for 33 euros...waiting to install it...

i suppose i intercept the ecu wiring with tre eh?

-=elias=-

If you were to build your own without any of the tools it would cost between 20-30 dollars

If you had them all, then your looking at 5 dollars.

Back