TRE Whats The big Deal

loboboy

Donating Member
Registered
I have heard time and time again about how the TRE got rid of the off idle jerkiness and low speed ridability problems. I installed one on my 03 since it had 25 miles on the bike and only found the benefits to be in the throttle response in the first three gears. It did not get rid of the jerkiness nor did it fix my off idle cruising. What fixed these problems was a remapp of the computer VIA a Teka SFI unit from Factory Pro. I do believe in the TRE but I want the ATRE for the programmablility, this is so I can use 4th gear timing map for the first three gears then leave 5th and 6th alone. Do you honestly need the top end restrictor inhibited? In my opinion no, this coming from a person that lives in Kansas where that is all there is to do is go fast in a straight line. I do like having the full timing in the first 3 gears but I did not see the benefits of it fixing my off idle drivability problems, like I said before the only true way to fix that is to remap the computer.

hmmmm. i've heard [read] the TRE slows down the first few gears when slammin on the 1/4 mile. I skipped it as to not confuse my mechanic [dealer] on tunes and keep my full steam on lower gears. I have no need to see 187 mph - my wang is long enough thank you

...only found the benefits to be in the throttle response in the first three gears. It did not get rid of the jerkiness nor did it fix my off idle cruising. ...I do like having the full timing in the first 3 gears but I did not see the benefits of it fixing my off idle drivability problems, like I said before the only true way to fix that is to remap the computer.
I've heard this before but haven't seen it myself. It could be that this is my second bike with EFI and I'm used to being careful with the throttle -- fuel injection tends to be "notchy." Mine is nice and stock, and as long as the idle is set correctly and the throttle cables aren't slack it does everything well. Even took the ERC a few weeks ago with it (all parking lot work).

What is the consensus on exactly what this problem is?

TRE Benefits....

1. No Top Speed Limiter
2. Allows full power in 1-3 gears...
3. Smoother response in lower gears in lower RPMs

If anything, should help in the quarter I would think, defintely not hurt...

Cloud

TRE Benefits....

1. No Top Speed Limiter

Cloud
The reason it hurts the 1/4 mile times is that the power is so much more responsive it is more difficult to get the bike launched perfec tly. you can ask any big named drag racer and they wil tell you this.

TRE Benefits....

1. No Top Speed Limiter

Cloud
The reason it hurts the 1/4 mile times is that the power is so much more responsive it is more difficult to get the bike launched perfec tly. you can ask any big named drag racer and they wil tell you this.
The problem with getting it launched ain't the motor with the TRE, it's that piece of sh*t clutch. Get a clutch mod from a good tuner and it'll hook up fo sho'..... Ask any good drag racer and he'll tell ya. And it drives just as well on the streets with it.

I don't know bout you all, but I would rather have more control over the bike and controlling the experience myself, then having the bike manage my experience. It is much more fun, I think... difference between driving a clutch and an auto... Its all about control baby... :super:

my 2 cents...

Cloud

Back