TRE things

Earthdog

Registered
Hi all!

i installed the switched TRE (JSD 2a)....i noticed a problem regarding the idle speed..sometimes when i am in the traffic light and i am in neutral and i release cluth the idle speed goes up around 1500-1600 rpm..my idle speed is at 1100 +/- 100..is this normal when you have tre installed?...

-=elias=-

Hi all!

i installed the switched TRE (JSD 2a)....i noticed a problem regarding the idle speed..sometimes when i am in the traffic light and i am in neutral and i release cluth the idle speed goes up around 1500-1600 rpm..my idle speed is at 1100 +/- 100..is this normal when you have tre installed?...

-=elias=-
double check the P/N for the TRE I think you have the one for the 600/750 bikes not the Busa/1K. The P/N for the Busa/1K is JSD-002 not JSD-002a. I don't think it will hurt but you will not get rid of the top end eliminator. just my .02. I just ordered mine today and the 002 is the one that Jeff at JSD told me I needed.

Yes that increase in idle is normal when you pull in the clutch. The 5th Gear map is responsible for this. A micro switch in the Clutch lever signals the ECU to bump up the idle speed. Why? Only God knows why... and a couple of Japanese engineers too. Probably to match RPM on down shift to reduce wheel slide.

Yeah actually that is not only "NORMAL" , but its how you know the TRE is working.

"Its a strange strange world"

Bird go back and check your connections....also have you noticed a a "smoother" ride in lower gears, and smoother throttle response???

Back