TRE Questions

is it true that getting a TRE will give you 3 more hp ? thuoght i saw that advertized on ebay.
rock.gif
yes it is a Magic box that gives you HP, adjust timing, removes all restrictions,gives you better sex live, makes you faster everywhere, get 75 MPG ,and if you use it everyday you will be rich  
iamwithstupid.gif
jack... ASS!

I picked up a 4-pack of 1/4 watt 6.8K ohm resistors today.  Can someone please verify they are supposed to be 1/4 watt?  I've seen 1/4 watt and 1/2 watt mentioned here and was unable to find the actual spec on it. I'm probably blind but I did spent a few minutes trying to use 'search' and this thread was as close as I could find.

I figured I could try this simple mod out on my '03 even though I've seen mixed responses as to whether or not this works on an '03.  

I also want to put a couple proper connectors on the mod so i can plug it in and take it out whenever i want and look cleaner so i don't have to cut stock wires.  I don't suppose anyone has part numbers or know where to get these connectors?  

The ironic thing about all of this is I went to buy something to make my bike 'faster' and got my first speeding ticket on the Busa on the way back to work today.  The bastard!  
wow.gif
mad.gif

OK I was speaking to a mechanic last week and was asking him about what will and will not effect my Warranty. We got onto the topic of TRE's and he HIGHLY recommended using only a switchable TRE. They have seen a few Busa's with the destroyed starters. Of these they have noticed that most have had a TRE installed. Apparantly because the TRE fools your bike into thinking it is allways in 5th gear it can Fuxor the computer all up during starting by preventing it from adjusting the timing to a starting friendly setting.

Now this is just his theory, and he curiously enough had no problem with the TRE's so long as they are switchable and you remember to turn them off during startup.

All of the instructions I've read on making a tree have 6.8ohm 1/4 watt resistor listed if you are setting it for 5th gear, which is listed as the best solution. If you need the instructions or the diagram I think i still have both of them if its not already listed on the site

Thanks Rev and Dez,

I have seen the link to the instructions posted earlier in this thread but am still having second thoughts on doing this mod.  A little more reading on my part I guess.  I'm not sure making the computer think it's in 5th all the time is a good thing for ignition timing throughout the rest of the gears.  Not sure what kind of potential damage that may do?  My suspicion is there is a lot more too it than just a resistor.  
rock.gif
For startup issues, yes, you can use a switch as mentioned but I still am not convinced of the other potential side effects? I don't want the timing to be advanced too much in other gears due to detonation. Is this possible? Not good on the overall life of the engine.

Anyone try the 4.38V diode instead of a resistor to just remove the top-end limit leaving the timing intact?

do a search on 4.3v diode ... I think Ninja Eater wrote something about it last week or mentioned it in one of his posts.

Back