TRE Questions

TheBull350

Registered
Hey all,

I'm gonna get a TRE. My 2003 Busa is stock(motor wise) Is this a good first thing? Does it effect the idle? Any pro's or con's? Is Ivan's tre good? is there a difference>?

Just let me know, any input would be appreciated!

Marcus

I have 03 busa and i had tre for about two weeks now
and to tell you the truth can hardly tell the difference.
mine is bone stock like yours. next upgrade is full exhaust system.

I put a TRE on my '03 and Mannnnn...what a difference. Throttle response is terrific now....no split-second hesitation with on/off throttle. Just had to up my idle a hair. Don't bother with the Ivan's. Just go get a 6800 ohm resistor,1/2 watt and wire it in. Will only cost you about .30 cents. I will have to find the web page to direct you to a good diagram....will get back to you on that one. And Vince.....if you can't tell the difference......you did something wrong or it's not working. Major improvement for the money. It's the first thing anybody should do with the 'busa'....even makes it feel safer in my book.

There is some controversy involving the TRE mod and racing your Busa at the track......... Lots of pro's advise Not to use one! As it can hurt your times..... But, if your not going to be racing your bike at the track and hate the hesitation problem down low I say go for it.

4.3V diode in place of the TRE resistor = No top end limit

Yosh EMS with 1-3 gear timing remapped = better throttle response

End result, all the benefits without running the engine in a single gear map the whole time.

If you going to race make a switchable one, The bike runs noticably smother from 3k rpm onward, but it will idle a little rough, I set idle 1250 when warmed up.

I usually start out with the TRE off (switchable) and once im on my way i switch it on because it
removes the jerkness in the lower rpms. I havent been able to see if it removes the topend limiter yet because i always ride below the speed limit of course
biggrin.gif

If you decide to do the TRE mod yourself let me know i think I may have a couple of 6.8 ohm resistors. I actually think its 1/4 watt though thats susppose to be used. You can double check.

I know there was a lot of controversy that's why I asked the question, just wondered what everyone thought. Thanks for the links to do it myself!!!! No, I won't be racing it at all. Well maybe on the 1/4 mile track.

the ATRE is switchable so you switch it on when you want to go faster than 186mph. and leave it off so not to damage the motor on startup.
And NO the TRE is not a magic box to fix problem you think your bike has

By far the cheapest way is getting the resistor. But if your the lazy type and don't wanna do anything like that you can buy the little adaptor on ebay.com. It was the cheapest place I've seen it thus far.

By far the cheapest way is getting the resistor.  But if your the lazy type and don't wanna do anything like that you can buy the little adaptor on ebay.com.  It was the cheapest place I've seen it thus far.
The only problem with getting it on ebay is that the direct plug inIVAN TRE's sell for $65+, you can order them from a number of places for about $55. The other TRE cary in range from $18-$35, but then you still have to splice your wires. If you are gonna splice your wires any way buy the $.50 resistor and $2 worth of wire, and use the savings for a 16 tooth front sprocket (had to throw that in since i just dropped one in the front--and yeah i know this is a plug
laugh.gif
)

Back