TRE Question... Check it out Please?

mrracer98

Registered
Sorry to post here but only 1 response in the "MODS" section.

Hey guys... I would like to know the pros/cons of these set ups. I have heard that 5n55555 allows more torque in the low gears, though possibly causing idle issues? Though I have also heard a lot of good about it. I want a boostbysmith gear indicator, and he states that they come default 1n23455 because it is a better set up. I just want your thoughts. I see that the main changes is the gear based fuel mapping... So will a 5n55555 potentially damage, or run you lean/rich as some point in time?

Thanks!!

I have watched 3 or 4 guys run this at the drags.. IF there was a difference, it did not show up there (like less than .10 second)... sort of like loud pipes.. guys will say "yea its faster" but it is pretty much mental..

I don't know a darn thing except what I've read here for the past two and half years.

Some say they improve their bikes idle at low speeds, some say the bike runs terrible with it and they remove it. Supposedly they will allow you to achieve 5th gear rev limit in 6th gear. IMHO most stock bikes won't do this anyway.

Also if you do a search on TRE or Time Retard Eliminator you should find about 100 threads and a very good discussion between a few fellows this past year that lasted for some time.

If you think you need it, or just want it, get Smithabusa's derestrictor with switch, (If you have an 08), don't need to spend a hundred dollars on a .20 cent item.

Back