tre on an 08 = junk

Had X-TRE on 08 for 5000 miles after riding for a good 2K before that.

Upon installing X-TRE, I immediately noticed what I perceived to be a jump in power in the lower gears - throttle more responsive it seemed. I also immediately noticed I was filling up MUCH more often than before - kinda crazy how fast the gas went, actually. One other thing I noticed is the bike seemed much more jerky/touchy when letting off the throttle - not very smooth.

After reading this post, I decided to remove the X-TRE and go back to stock. Just got back from a couple hour test-drive. No more jerkiness and power through the gears seems smooth again. Actually felt like I had more kick in 4th gear when I got on it.

Will have to see about gas mileage, though I am sure I will be happy.

Ok, Let me ask a hypothetical question. Suppose one wasnt interested in eliminating the top speed limiter(I'm geared for 1320'), wouldn't it be better to lock the bike into 6th gear for more power? The way I understand now is that 12345 maps are the same as far as ign timing goes and 6th gear its different and as has more ign timing down low.....is this correct?
If all this is indeed true, has anyone figured out a way....COUGH.....PETRIK.....COUGH.....to trick the ECU into thinking its actually in 6th gear? Just a thought anywayz??

what do you think now toxsick rocket....holla........:whistle:

From riding experience on the Gen 1:
With TRE off - top speed in mid-high 180s.
With TRE on - top speed in high 190s.

(These are 'indicated' speeds).

From riding experience on the Gen 1:
With TRE off - top speed in mid-high 180s.
With TRE on - top speed in high 190s.

(These are 'indicated' speeds).
Thats the interesting thing Over.........some folks install the tre for more power in the lower gears, and some just for the top speed derestrictor. Personally, from my experience, I think its very nice for derestriction....but not so good for giving power in the lower gears. I'm running Gregs switchable tre just for my top end....I really think thats the best use of a tre :laugh:

Just not to confuse anyone, i don't build TRE's (Timing Retard Eliminators), i build de-restrictors for 6th gear. The highgain mod :) 1n23455

Based on what I'm reading so far, I would like to have my xtre banging out 1n23455. But still indicating six in sixth. However it doesnt look like Healtech is offering that variation. (If that is not true, anyone pls advise). I do think think that installing the Healtech is pretty easy compared to other systems, and does have quality components/connectors. But given the new info on the over simplification of running fifth all the time, it may have to go into the disconnect or bypass mode, for the time being.

Last edited:
Based on what I'm reading so far, I would like to have my xtre banging out 1n23455. But still indicating six in sixth. However it doesnt look like Healtech is offering that variation. (If that is not true, anyone pls advise). I do think think that installing the Healtech is pretty easy compared to other systems, and does have quality components/connectors. But given the new info on the over simplification of running fifth all the time, it may have to go into the disconnect or bypass mode, for the time being.

Healtech's X-TRE shows the correct gear in the display for every gear (1-6).

After about a year's experience with the X-TRE, I'd say just leave your bike the way it is. It runs much smoother without it and uses less gas... and I've never been over 150 personally, so I didn't get much use out of the top-end limiter removal part of it either.

Healtech's X-TRE shows the correct gear in the display for every gear (1-6).

After about a year's experience with the X-TRE, I'd say just leave your bike the way it is. It runs much smoother without it and uses less gas... and I've never been over 150 personally, so I didn't get much use out of the top-end limiter removal part of it either.

Not to beat a :deadhorse: but;
Yah - I'm good with the gear display, I just wanted to know if anyone was aware of HT offering the varation of 1n23455. Guess not. Anyway out it (xtre) came tonight, shorting plug in. Good bye 100 bananas....:banghead:

Last edited:
Not to beat a :deadhorse: but;
Yah - I'm good with the gear display, I just wanted to know if anyone was aware of HT offering the varation of 1n23455. Guess not. Anyway out it (xtre) came tonight, shorting plug in. Good bye 100 bananas....:banghead:

dude, I have no idea wtf you just said, but good luck. ???

Back