TRE install on a 2005 hayabusa

I don't remember exactly where it is on a gen1(been yrs since I worked on one), but I thought it was under the driver seat or left fairing.
But the best place for the TRE is the trash can. They make the bike think it's in 1st/5th gear all the time, can hurt performance, and almost always cause gremlins at some point.
Have the ecu flashed instead.

dont do tre....junk....but if you must tre is on left side of bike as you sit on it...white plug if i remember correctly.

Why are they junk.

What makes them bad?

It gives you a fifth gear map & tricks the bike into removing the 1st gear retard & the top speed limiter . . .

You should be fine with it if you're not planning on tuning the motor !

If your Hayabusa is mostly stock you should be fine .

Is your Hayabusa stock ?

Red, *<(:{)-

:tre:.........:rofl:

I am honestly amazed that it's 2015 and we are still having conversations about TRE's???

It gives you a fifth gear map & tricks the bike into removing the 1st gear retard & the top speed limiter . . .

You should be fine with it if you're not planning on tuning the motor !

If your Hayabusa is mostly stock you should be fine .

Is your Hayabusa stock ?

Red, *<(:{)-
yea it is. from all the crap posts on it i think i will just send it back and send out the ecu. thanks for asking tho!

yea it is. from all the crap posts on it i think i will just send it back and send out the ecu. thanks for asking tho!

That's what I was trying to explain to at Tom's Farm's when you were talking to Red. Talk to Frank at Power House, he is a sight sponsor he can do a lot for a little more then you paid for the TRE.

Hey bobby! Ok i will. I am looking at getting the ecu reflashes but i dont want to be out a bike for a week. Hmmmm
I wish they had a retail ecu till u gwt yours back. Lol
Its about a 8 day deal with schnitz.
Are there any tuners out here that reflash ecus?

Hey bobby! Ok i will. I am looking at getting the ecu reflashes but i dont want to be out a bike for a week. Hmmmm

I've heard of some guys buying used ECU's. That way you could send it out and swap it, and keep your stock one in a safe place????
Got you're PM BTW, I'll be texting you for a ride day.

I normally turn them around in one day . . . :laugh:

Back