Tre debate with brock..

Ruth|ess

Donating Member
Registered
been really going back and forth about this mod... with so many followers how can it not be good... yet some pro's are saying no... would like anyones input...

:Brock:
There is another modification that one of the other sportbike-oriented magazines has praised as the greatest thing since sliced bread. It is a timing-retard eliminator (TRE) available for the 2000 and ‘01 Hayabusa. This is a great mod for guys who race at Bonneville, have several of miles of speed limit free roads in their area (I wish!) or like to practice wheelies. If you like to drag race or do roll-on's , this product will SLOW YOU DOWN! We have tested it time and time again on different bikes at the drag strip with the same results- around one tenth and 1 ½- 2 mph slower. The track measures performance and does not lie when used properly. The bike does have more “seat of the pantsâ€￾ grunt for about the first 5 feet in 1st gear (or up to 4500 rpm) then is confused into thinking that it is in 5th gear all of the time, even though it is in 1st, 2nd, etc. I’ll bet that big-buck Suzuki R&D team didn’t place all of those different load maps in the ECM for no reason!

Being a newb im sure the answer is here deeply hidin in a bunch of posts but any help would be nice thx!

if you can't find the answer in the last sentence you may as well buy one and put it on cuz your never gonna get it..

"I’ll bet that big-buck Suzuki R&D team didn’t place all of those different load maps in the ECM for no reason!"

why its not on my bike.... thanks for the support
all_coholic.gif

i have a question, how can it affect timing below 4500rpm when it does not conect to the ecu unit where the timing is done? i understand that it tricks the ecu into thinking that its in 5th gear and applys the map for that gear.
i removed mine to descover the diffrence without it.

Nope,not on my bike...get the J/C GPS mod if ya wanna elimit the speed restriction.

Its bad for the 1/4 mile track because since the bike is running a 5th gear map, its running rich. The TRE is mainly used for top-speed runs. He's not knocking the TRE as a product in general, just as a 1/4 mile product.

This is a great mod for guys who race at Bonneville, have several of miles of speed limit free roads in their area (I wish!) or like to practice wheelies. If you like to drag race or do roll-on's , this product will SLOW YOU DOWN!

I live in South Florida where there are nothing but straight roads, thus, I find mine very useful. The good part about my TRE is that it is switchable. I switch it on when I need it ... uhh ... want it
biggrin.gif
, and off when I don't.

I don't have one installed, but have ride'n with guys that did. Big difference over stock setup. I'm a supporter and will have one soon

I have one one my 04 LE and it make a big difference with driveability and throttle response. It really does smooth things out.

I have one and my main reason for getting it is to help with the jerkiness at low speeds.

(yeah I know, hayabusa and lows speeds are not supposed to be in the same sentance)

But driving on base on 10mph roads, it gets annoying, the Busa doesnt like going that slow..

I had a TRE once ....

but it was Arbor Day....
I was drunk
all_coholic.gif

and she had a trunk...
crazy.gif

her sap was sweet...
tounge.gif

and her bark was ruff...
zzwhip.gif

awoke in the grass...
coffee.gif

all sticky and bare azzed!

damn limit on emoticons!

yea i go back and forth with it. i cant seame to come off the fence

post_12_14582_neighbor_problem.jpg

After taking mine off, the pipes are a chocolate brown again instead of dripping fuel. Free atre, who wants it?

(moondog @ Oct. 06 2006,15:39) After taking mine off, the pipes are a chocolate brown again instead of dripping fuel. Free atre, who wants it?
atre or a tre? a atre is programable it have all the proper gear maps

and BusaCruise your avatir freaks me out! cool

Back