TRE at the 1/4 mile

Lucky34

Registered
I read that the TRE actually slowed the bike down for the 1/4 mile... I'm running 10.1's right now with a TRE and no other performance mods, and I'm wondering how much time I can expect to knock off by removing the TRE... I really want to get into the 9's, and I'm sure I'll be able to with a little more practice, but I was wondering if anyone knew how much the TRE affected the 1/4 mile time...

I read that the TRE actually slowed the bike down for the 1/4 mile... I'm running 10.1's right now with a TRE and no other performance mods, and I'm wondering how much time I can expect to knock off by removing the TRE... I really want to get into the 9's, and I'm sure I'll be able to with a little more practice, but I was wondering if anyone knew how much the TRE affected the 1/4 mile time...
There are a ton of threads on this. Most think a TRE slows the bike because the 5th gear map adds 5% extra fuel (according to JohnnyCheese) to allow for the ram air effect at speed. But, I haven't seen any figures as to how slow. The effect may be negligible on the street--I know any effect isn't neglibible in the 1/4. I have a TRE, but only plan to use it for top end runs.

People say that the TRE makes the bike idle better (a richer mix will do that) and pull harder at lower RPM, but my bike is great without a TRE. It idles smoothly and pulls like hell.

According to your sig, you ran a 9.9 in the past. Was that pre-TRE? If so, it only slowed you down by 2 tenths.

This thread was started before he ran the 9.9.

Also, 2-tenths in the 1/4-mile is a huge difference. The TRE really isn't good for anything but TOP SPEED. It wrecks your tuning MAP for anything else through the gears. Unless your planning to ride around in 5th gear all the time, it's junk.
wink.gif

Back