TRE AND power commander?

If you don't mind spending 70-80 bucks buy an Ivans TRE, mount it and the PCIII and get it tuned (another couple hundred), it will feel like a different bike.

(Scottrod @ Jun. 09 2007,09:48) Now I'm wondering...when I get the PCIII installed, does it allow you to map each gear's fuel curve individually or what? Does anyone know if it's okay for me to use this specific TRE with the PCIII?

I just need to know if it's best if I tune my bike on a dyno with the PCIII ALONE or with the TRE as well. Like I said I'd like to keep the speed limiter removed and I have noticed that the bike is more responsive in low RPMs with the TRE but if the PCIII can change the fuel curve and timing I can get the same results without the TRE...

I'm sure this TRE debait has gone on before but I'm fairly new to my busa and these mods...so I'm going to have to beat this dead horse till I get a definite answer from someone who is SURE and KNOWS they are right.
poke.gif
The TRE will only allow the bike to see 5th gear to the ECU (it has a resitor on the gear sensor that sends constant voltage regardless of which gear you're in... voltage = 5th gear voltage).

So with the TRE on you won't benefit from having different maps for each gear (which may not be a problem).

Now THE PCIII needs the ignition module I believe in order to have anything changed to the ignition map (which is another $250 or so on top of the already $250 for PC). I'm sure that it's by far the best option but significantly more than a $35-60 TRE.

As far as removing the top speed restriction Johnny has an awesome GPS mod (look in the forums) but it also looks a bit more involved (not a 10min install for sure).

Samw5 beleive what you want to and waste money on junk. I have spent the last 7 years disproving it.
just do a search instead of taking what you read on a seller website as truth remember they are in the business of selling

no worries, i don't think we'll ever get to the bottom of this... lives on the myth since nobody can explain anything in details.

cheers,
Sam

PS: I actually think your GPS mod is better... but whatever the TRE does, for $40 or so and 10min of your time you won't find anything as easy that gives that kind of bang for the buck IMO. if you have time and money, by all mean the TRE may not be the best route.

Not that I am trying to revive the dead here or anything by replying to this old post, but I have been searching for an answer to a problem and I can't seem to find it. Last week I installed a yoshi 4-2-1 system and a PCIII w/ yoshi map. The bike has almost 6,000 miles on it (I have owned it for about 1000 of those miles). I also have a TRE on the bike....this was installed before the exhaust and PCIII. The problem is after cruising down the highway in 6th (RPMs around 4200-4500) for 15 minutes, I hit a off-ramp and head in to work. When accelerating from a stop of our of a slow stoplight turn, if feels like it is seriously loaded up....it studders a bit and then takes off like nothing is wrong. When it happens, it is always 1/4 throttle or less. Until I get a good map, I am guessing the TRE needs to go? That would suck, but if it makes it run better then that is what I will do.

(psychoticide @ Sep. 28 2007,10:flamethrowing:) Not that I am trying to revive the dead here or anything by replying to this old post, but I have been searching for an answer to a problem and I can't seem to find it.  Last week I installed a yoshi 4-2-1 system and a PCIII w/ yoshi map.  The bike has almost 6,000 miles on it (I have owned it for about 1000 of those miles).  I also have a TRE on the bike....this was installed before the exhaust and PCIII.  The problem is after cruising down the highway in 6th (RPMs around 4200-4500) for 15 minutes, I hit a off-ramp and head in to work.  When accelerating from a stop of our of a slow stoplight turn, if feels like it is seriously loaded up....it studders a bit and then takes off like nothing is wrong.  When it happens, it is always 1/4 throttle or less.  Until I get a good map, I am guessing the TRE needs to go?  That would suck, but if it makes it run better then that is what I will do.
tre or no tre you may end up with the same intermittent problems until you make some other changes to your setup.

I am guessing that the other changes you mention would be getting it dyno tuned / re-mapped huh? LOL

I should probably also add, that the problem was not there with just the TRE....but only after the yoshi system and PCIII were added. Marble mod was also done.

Thanks.

(Commuta_Busa @ Sep. 28 2007,12:39)
beerchug.gif
yup need a better map...
beerchug.gif

always glad when someone takes a little time to figure what I mean. It feels a little better to find out you already knew the answer. A good tune is worth the $$

beerchug.gif

Back