TRE Again

Is there a company out there that can reprogram the BUSA's ECU to have no 1st-3rd retard and no reduced redline in 6th gear?
rock.gif

Extends redline limit at or near maximum. But you still need a TRE to rid of the speed limitation for this mod.

<!--EDIT|gtrpimp76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121575768 -->

my mod will remove the limiter but does NOT mess with maps.
in other words it is like haveing a 99-00 model

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: "can't speel or proof read"|1121581970 -->

So Ivan's smart tre (for an 01 busa) only changes the 6 gear map to 5 and it does not run a 5th gear map in gears 1-4 as well as eliminates that pas 1/2 throttle only full power in gears 1-4 so now you have full power for gears 1-4 without having the 5th gear map applied to gears 1-4 and it will only be applied to gear 6.  Sorry to be so redundant I want to make sure that I spend what little money I have correctly:D
The only difference between the Smart TRE and the reg one is the smart tre keeps the neutral map for neutral, where the reg one gives neutral the 5th gear map also....which makes the idle in neutral, and with the clutch in, fluctuate dramatically. With the smart tre the neutral/clutch in idle is normal. But they both lock every gear into the fifth gear fuel/ignition timing map. So instead of the computer detecting what gear/load/throttle position your using and adjusting the fuel and timing accordingly, the computer thinks your always in 5th and adjusts the fuel and timing for that. One of the reasons these new bikes can make so much power is the advanced fuel injection systems that adjust the best fuel/air/timing ratio for any conditions. Carbed bikes don't have that advantage which is one reason they don't make the same kinda power size for size. So as you can see theres a reason you want your Busa's pc to detect and adjust each gear individually versus thinking its always in 5th like a carbed bike  
wink.gif
Check out Ivans website....he clearly states that the tre makes no more power on a dyno than without one. The 5th gear map gives the lower gears more fuel....(which they don't need) and gives the full ignition timing advance SOONER than you get it normally (which is kinda cool)....but not more. Suzuki only gives you full advance in the lower gears near full throttle cause' they were afraid the average Joe couldn't handle the instant "hit" of torque...but in 4th and up they figured they'd give it to you at part throttle cause' you couldn't get in as much trouble. All the tre does is give you 5th gear's full timing advance SOONER than you normally get it in the first three gears....but you don't get any MORE than you would on a stock bike at 3/4 throttle.....you just get it at 1/4 instead. All this info is readily availiable at Ivans site and others...it just takes a little reading guys....jeeez  
tounge.gif
 What would ya do without me eh?  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
Thank you BR1....that's an accurate explaination and clears up why I like the improved throttle response in the lower revs/gears.
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

I'm waiting until the end of riding season to do JC's GPS mod. I don't know if I can handle a couple of days downtime for my Busa. That's should be right around the time I go turbo and PCIII.

So Ivan's smart tre (for an 01 busa) only changes the 6 gear map to 5 and it does not run a 5th gear map in gears 1-4 as well as eliminates that pas 1/2 throttle only full power in gears 1-4 so now you have full power for gears 1-4 without having the 5th gear map applied to gears 1-4 and it will only be applied to gear 6.  Sorry to be so redundant I want to make sure that I spend what little money I have correctly:D
The only difference between the Smart TRE and the reg one is the smart tre keeps the neutral map for neutral, where the reg one gives neutral the 5th gear map also....which makes the idle in neutral, and with the clutch in, fluctuate dramatically. With the smart tre the neutral/clutch in idle is normal. But they both lock every gear into the fifth gear fuel/ignition timing map. So instead of the computer detecting what gear/load/throttle position your using and adjusting the fuel and timing accordingly, the computer thinks your always in 5th and adjusts the fuel and timing for that. One of the reasons these new bikes can make so much power is the advanced fuel injection systems that adjust the best fuel/air/timing ratio for any conditions. Carbed bikes don't have that advantage which is one reason they don't make the same kinda power size for size. So as you can see theres a reason you want your Busa's pc to detect and adjust each gear individually versus thinking its always in 5th like a carbed bike  
wink.gif
Check out Ivans website....he clearly states that the tre makes no more power on a dyno than without one. The 5th gear map gives the lower gears more fuel....(which they don't need) and gives the full ignition timing advance SOONER than you get it normally (which is kinda cool)....but not more. Suzuki only gives you full advance in the lower gears near full throttle cause' they were afraid the average Joe couldn't handle the instant "hit" of torque...but in 4th and up they figured they'd give it to you at part throttle cause' you couldn't get in as much trouble. All the tre does is give you 5th gear's full timing advance SOONER than you normally get it in the first three gears....but you don't get any MORE than you would on a stock bike at 3/4 throttle.....you just get it at 1/4 instead. All this info is readily availiable at Ivans site and others...it just takes a little reading guys....jeeez  
tounge.gif
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
Thank you BR1....that's an accurate explaination and clears up why I like the improved throttle response in the lower revs/gears.
biggrin.gif
np Jinkster
wink.gif
In a perfect world Suzuki would have given us our full advance in every gear and no speed limiter in sixth...let the big dog do what it was designed for
cool.gif
But unfortunately they are afraid we can't handle the full power hit in the lower gears till its wide open. And its the same story on the 1000. I believe with a pcIIIr you can customize the advance settings...and with the Cheesemans mod you would be able to derestrict 6th. So actually you'd have a BETTER bike than a 99-2000 cause' you'd have no top speed restriction AND no timing restrictions in the lower gears....and all the gear maps ta boot'. Sounds good to me Cheeseman
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
np Jinkster  
wink.gif
In a perfect world Suzuki would have given us our full advance in every gear and no speed limiter in sixth...let the big dog do what it was designed for  
cool.gif
But unfortunately they are afraid we can't handle the full power hit in the lower gears till its wide open. And its the same story on the 1000. I believe with a pcIIIr you can customize the advance settings...and with the Cheesemans mod you would be able to derestrict 6th. So actually you'd have a BETTER bike than a 99-2000 cause' you'd have no top speed restriction AND no timing restrictions in the lower gears....and all the gear maps ta boot'. Sounds good to me Cheeseman
That's not completely true. The PCIIIR cant make these corrections by gear so any timing correction made would change other gears that were not originally affected. Example: if 1st-3rd gear have -5d timing retard from 1-40% throttle and you adjusted that out in the ignition mapping tab by adding +5d timing (which would put you back to stock timing) to the same throttle range then in 4th-6th gear you would have added +5d timing to these gears above factory settings. What affect would this have? So it would look like below with generic #'s used from 1-40% throttle.

Factory:
1st = -5d timing retard
2nd = -5d timing retard
3rd = -5d timing retard
4th = 0d timing
5th = 0d timing
6th = 0d timing

PCIIIR:
1st = 0d timing
2nd = 0d timing
3rd = 0d timing
4th = +5d advance
5th = +5d advance
6th = +5d advance

This would most certainly affect performance and is why the only way to truly fix this problem is to have a PCIIIR that can map by gear and add JC's sensor fix.

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Back