TRE Again

I use "Ivans Smart TRE"...and my busa always starts right up, has never backfired and idles just fine...even from a cold start with zero choke...to boot?...part throttle responses in the lower rev ranges (like the revs you use for "around town" and/or "slow, tight, technical curves") are smoother and more controlable yet at the same time seems to offer up a stronger pull. I'm very pleased with the smart tre.

Conversly?....why I would wanna pay the same price to yank my clutch to get too the GPS to trick the restricted mapping in ONLY 6th gear eludes me...especially when the smart tre is a 10 minute plug-n-play item that adresses 5 of the 6 mappings.

BTW...I keep hearing all this bad crap about tre's yet those who buy and install ivans smart tre always seem to post that they've experienced nothing but positive results...things that make you go....
Hmmmmmmmm.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
tounge.gif
what?
rock.gif
jinkster put the bottle down!!!!
what maps? you run the stock maps for every gear like Suzuki designed. not one map for all gears like the TRE
as it suddenly becomes glarringly obvious that JC dosen't know the difference between Ivans "Original" TRE and Ivans new and improved "Smart" TRE.

That's the problem with "Tuning Gods"...

They seem to live in their own little universe.
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Hey Bill,

I'm only familiar with Ivan's original TRE. What's the difference with the "Smart" TRE? Is it the neutral map stays with neutral? And then there are the original Suzuki Maps from 1-4?

I use "Ivans Smart TRE"...and my busa always starts right up, has never backfired and idles just fine...even from a cold start with zero choke...to boot?...part throttle responses in the lower rev ranges (like the revs you use for "around town" and/or "slow, tight, technical curves") are smoother and more controlable yet at the same time seems to offer up a stronger pull. I'm very pleased with the smart tre.

Conversly?....why I would wanna pay the same price to yank my clutch to get too the GPS to trick the restricted mapping in ONLY 6th gear eludes me...especially when the smart tre is a 10 minute plug-n-play item that adresses 5 of the 6 mappings.

BTW...I keep hearing all this bad crap about tre's yet those who buy and install ivans smart tre always seem to post that they've experienced nothing but positive results...things that make you go....
Hmmmmmmmm.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
tounge.gif
what?
rock.gif
what maps? you run the stock maps for every gear like Suzuki designed. not one map for all gears like the TRE
as it suddenly becomes glarringly obvious that JC dosen't know the difference between Ivans "Original" TRE and Ivans new and improved "Smart" TRE.

tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
laugh.gif
lurk.gif
umnik.gif
guns.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Neutral maps stays with neutral, but still uses 5th gear for all 6 six gears. Smoothe idle, more throttle response and stronger initial roll ons.

Not with me, I weigh about 155-160 lbs, it wants to spin the rear tire before lofting it, even if I whack it open in 1st, then again I am likely down about 30hp from you sea level guys since I live at 6100 feet.

Hmmmmmmmm.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
tounge.gif
what?
rock.gif

tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
laugh.gif
so you really do drink or you just act this way?
I still want to know where you think my mod runs the same fuel mapping in all gears? That would be a TRE , This is what I. I said nothing about the so called smart TRE but it strill uses on map in all GEARS.
You are so caught up in nothing that you don't read.
go reread the thread

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

JC, save for the very minute benefits of ram air, why is it THAT important to run the weaker maps in the lower gears? Carbed bikes seem to make good power without the benefit of different mapping.

So Ivan's smart tre (for an 01 busa) only changes the 6 gear map to 5 and it does not run a 5th gear map in gears 1-4 as well as eliminates that pas 1/2 throttle only full power in gears 1-4 so now you have full power for gears 1-4 without having the 5th gear map applied to gears 1-4 and it will only be applied to gear 6. Sorry to be so redundant I want to make sure that I spend what little money I have correctly:D

JC, save for the very minute benefits of ram air, why is it THAT important to run the weaker maps in the lower gears? Carbed bikes seem to make good power without the benefit of different mapping.
carb bike do have different mapping but not in gears in speed.
Suzuki thought to make 5th and 6th gear richer by 5% to offset the air from the ramair.
on carb bikes the ram air made the bike get richer by pressurizing the float bowls,
If suzuki wanted to they could have spent more money and added another pressure sensor in the air box (like the ZX12) so the ECU will determine the differance and send more fuel as per the predetermine map burned on the chip in the ecu.
Will it hurt? no
will it run better with less fuel ? Yes
you see by the post that some bikes don't like the extra fuel and some want it.
look at the threads that are posted on this and other boards for Busas and GSXR's and look at the mods (if they are listed) of the members bikes. And see how many have a PC3 and a TRE. Like I said before most buy a PC3 sometime down the road and to use a bandaid to try to fix a something that you should be useing stiches puzzles me.

Hmmmmmmmm.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
tounge.gif
what?
rock.gif

tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
laugh.gif
so you really do drink  or you just act this way?
I still want to know where you think my mod runs the same fuel mapping in all gears? That would be a TRE , This is what I. I said nothing about the so called smart TRE but it strill uses on map in all GEARS.
go reread the thread
lurk.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Hmmmmmmmm.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
tounge.gif
what?
rock.gif

tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
laugh.gif
so you really do drink  or you just act this way?
go reread the thread
Yeah...gee whiz Johnny...you're right...that is if your into playing symantics with wordcraft...so let me try too!!!
biggrin.gif

in other words...

I wish I could develope a product that gaurentees if you unplug your tre that all your fuel maps will magically return too...stock?
rock.gif
except for one.
laugh.gif

And why?...so I can neuter my busa's power so it's not so "wheelie prone"?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Such a bargain!!!
laugh.gif

Following that sorta mentality I guess I should've stuffed banana's in my cobra jets tailpipe so I didn't smoke the tires so bad leaving the line!!!
laugh.gif
Or?...I could just learn how to "Dial In" and operate my clutch and throttle accordingly...you know?...that lost art called...drag racing.
tounge.gif

Well Johnny...you're right...this symantics and sarcasm is kinda fun but...just not my bag...cause sometimes the world is like a big mirror...and when ya look straight into it?...guess watcha see?
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

that is what happens when you don't have a real map you need a .02 resistor to help you wheelie
laugh.gif

the purpose I made these is for the people who want to go faster than 186 and still looking stock, as in no aftermarket electronics

I'll ask again Bill - are you on Ivans payroll?

How often are you riding at over 186mph? I could care less if the TRE is "smart" or not - a PC and a good map are your best bet for all around performance.

Besisde I thought you were leaving your bike stock
poke.gif

you see by the post that some bikes don't like the extra fuel and some want it.
all bike's engines are a little different. on the same assembly line, one can make 150rwhp and ten bikes later one makes 162rwhp.

this is the same reason that some bikes react different to the tre in the low rpm and gear ranges.

if every hayabusa was built the same, and everyone had the same air and altitude, then there would be one majical map, but theres not!

---------------------------------------------------------

jinkster, "It is no secret that the TRE makes the bike harder to launch and keep on the ground - it is more wheelie-prone with the TRE."

And the amazing part to me is...

They say that like it's a...."bad thing". [/QUOTE]

it is a bad thing when dragracing.

I have yet to find any info that says Ivans smart TRE does anything other than keeping a nuetral map in nuetral and bypassing TR in 1st-3rd by applying a 5th gear map. Someone point me to a website so I can learn more.

Jinkster,
I don't see how the Ivans smart TRE can be so different in as much as the only two gears that could be used to re-map are 4th or 5th, as 1-3 & 6 all have TR or redline mods in them. So what is so different here? I have an ATRE and it does the same thing as Ivans if I'm not mistaken. Check it out for yourself and tell me the difference, ATRE.
smile.gif

Is there a company out there that can reprogram the BUSA's ECU to have no 1st-3rd retard and no reduced redline in 6th gear?
rock.gif
The best solution would be PCIIIR that could map by gear then you could programm out the TR in 1st-3rd and custom map through out the whole range and take into effect the ram air more effeciently. Then a smart tre that only turned on when 6th gear was accessed for a 5th gear map would be perfect.
smile.gif

smile.gif

So Ivan's smart tre (for an 01 busa) only changes the 6 gear map to 5 and it does not run a 5th gear map in gears 1-4 as well as eliminates that pas 1/2 throttle only full power in gears 1-4 so now you have full power for gears 1-4 without having the 5th gear map applied to gears 1-4 and it will only be applied to gear 6.  Sorry to be so redundant I want to make sure that I spend what little money I have correctly:D
The only difference between the Smart TRE and the reg one is the smart tre keeps the neutral map for neutral, where the reg one gives neutral the 5th gear map also....which makes the idle in neutral, and with the clutch in, fluctuate dramatically. With the smart tre the neutral/clutch in idle is normal. But they both lock every gear into the fifth gear fuel/ignition timing map. So instead of the computer detecting what gear/load/throttle position your using and adjusting the fuel and timing accordingly, the computer thinks your always in 5th and adjusts the fuel and timing for that. One of the reasons these new bikes can make so much power is the advanced fuel injection systems that adjust the best fuel/air/timing ratio for any conditions. Carbed bikes don't have that advantage which is one reason they don't make the same kinda power size for size. So as you can see theres a reason you want your Busa's pc to detect and adjust each gear individually versus thinking its always in 5th like a carbed bike
wink.gif
Check out Ivans website....he clearly states that the tre makes no more power on a dyno than without one. The 5th gear map gives the lower gears more fuel....(which they don't need) and gives the full ignition timing advance SOONER than you get it normally (which is kinda cool)....but not more. Suzuki only gives you full advance in the lower gears near full throttle cause' they were afraid the average Joe couldn't handle the instant "hit" of torque...but in 4th and up they figured they'd give it to you at part throttle cause' you couldn't get in as much trouble. All the tre does is give you 5th gear's full timing advance SOONER than you normally get it in the first three gears....but you don't get any MORE than you would on a stock bike at 3/4 throttle.....you just get it at 1/4 instead. All this info is readily availiable at Ivans site and others...it just takes a little reading guys....jeeez
tounge.gif
What would ya do without me eh?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

wink.gif

So do we have some weird form of speed density injection like the late 80s mustangs before they went to ram air?

JC, Thanks for answering the carbed bike question.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121558106 -->

Back