TRE Again

super851

Registered
Please read the following and share your thoughts.

http://fastcycles.com/powerbo....ntry113

Timing Retard Eliminators (TREs) are not all that and a bag of chips!

A TRE will not only lock your 'Busa into a fifth gear timing map, but may also:

- cause your bike to have a rough idle;
- cause your bike to backfire while starting;
- cause your bike to go slower in the quarter mile . . .

ALL of the above are true, and even though your bike will no longer be speed-restricted, it may still have these problems.

Locking your bike into a fifth gear timing map is NOT good for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Your Hayabusa's stock ECM has different timing maps built in for different gears for a reason. That is why we recommend to our drag racing 'Busa customers that they UNPLUG their TRE when at the track. It is no secret that the TRE makes the bike harder to launch and keep on the ground - it is more wheelie-prone with the TRE. You will go quicker in the quarter mile without it!

The backfiring and rough idle problems are no secret either. So, what is the answer?

A GPS MODIFICATION FROM POWERHOUSE

POWERHOUSE now offers their gear position switch modification to all their Hayabusa and GSXR customers . . . Your GPS resides behind your clutch basket. It is removed, modified, and reinstalled. The result? Your bike now has all of its different timing maps RESTORED. In addition, your original speed restriction is REMOVED, and you can also remove your TRE. Now your bike idles correctly, it does not try to backfire when you first start it in the morning, and your speed limiter is disabled. And, you will go quicker in the quarter mile.

THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS . . .

Give the Service Department at POWERHOUSE a call about this mod. You don't need no 'stinkin TRE!!

The fact that I have never seen or heard of this before, leads me to believe this is a relatively new product. With that said, I care for my bike too much to use it as a guinea pig. I'd wait for some replies/reviews from others who have tried it and make a decision based on those comments.

ALL of the above are true, and even though your bike will no longer be speed-restricted, it may still have these problems.

Locking your bike into a fifth gear timing map is NOT good for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Your Hayabusa's stock ECM has different timing maps built in for different gears for a reason. That is why we recommend to our drag racing 'Busa customers that they UNPLUG their TRE when at the track. It is no secret that the TRE makes the bike harder to launch and keep on the ground - it is more wheelie-prone with the TRE. You will go quicker in the quarter mile without it!

The backfiring and rough idle problems are no secret either. So, what is the answer?

POWERHOUSE now offers their gear position switch modification to all their Hayabusa and GSXR customers . . . Your GPS resides behind your clutch basket. It is removed, modified, and reinstalled. The result? Your bike now has all of its different timing maps RESTORED. In addition, your original speed restriction is REMOVED, and you can also remove your TRE. Now your bike idles correctly, it does not try to backfire when you first start it in the morning, and your speed limiter is disabled. And, you will go quicker in the quarter mile.

Give the Service Department at POWERHOUSE a call about this mod. You don't need no 'stinkin TRE!!
Whats a TRE?
rock.gif

It seems to me that this limiter could be programed out of our ecu with a chip change or firmware upgrade. I'm sure that we have programers on this site.:laugh:

Whats a TRE?
rock.gif
+1
rock.gif

rock.gif

That is why you put a switch in it. That way when you don't need it you just turn it off.

I use the smart TRE, idle is fine, no backfiring on startup and better throttle response. I'd rather do a smart TRE than yank out my damn clutch to get at the sensor.

I was told buy a suzuki dealer that the yosh box does not have the restrictions, the questions is do you want to spend that amount of money to change ecu's? My question again is why is it so hard to change the map in the ecu and to turn of the limiter other than using a tre. If people can crack the code of Microsoft why can't the code for our ecu be altered?

I was told buy a suzuki dealer that the yosh box does not have the restrictions, the questions is do you want to spend that amount of money to change ecu's?  My question again is why is it so hard to change the map in the ecu and to turn of the limiter other than using a tre.  If people can crack the code of Microsoft why can't the code for our ecu be altered?
it is done regularly.

I was told buy a suzuki dealer that the yosh box does not have the restrictions, the questions is do you want to spend that amount of money to change ecu's?  My question again is why is it so hard to change the map in the ecu and to turn of the limiter other than using a tre.  If people can crack the code of Microsoft why can't the code for our ecu be altered?
that is what the part I sell does make the bike never see 6th gear but see all the rest as normal in simple terms 1-N-2-3-4-5-5

I'd go with Ivan's smart TRE anyday... not had any kind of problems that you are refering to!!! Touch wood ... its all been good
biggrin.gif

that is what the part I sell does make the bike never see 6th gear but see all the rest as normal in simple terms 1-N-2-3-4-5-5
But why is that so much better? When you do PC tuning, are you giving different fuel maps for all of the gears, or is it one map?

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121402655 -->

I use the smart TRE, idle is fine, no backfiring on startup and better throttle response. I'd rather do a smart TRE than yank out my damn clutch to get at the sensor.[/QUOTE]

+1.   I experience no idling problems at all, neither at morning starts nor hot starts. For the quarter mile difference, i can live with it , didnt notice a difference on that matter as far as i am concerned. Plus before the TRE i had minor backfire problems with my Yosh Duplex full system, they were totally gone after the TRE mod.

In other words, i love my TRE  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|_ZeF
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121402075 -->

But why is that so much better? When you do PC tuning, are you giving different fuel maps for all of the gears, or is it one  map?
no your ecu does that. that is why you have to map in certain gears and never in 5th unless you have a TRE then you map in fifth so you will proper A/F for the ram air in other words Richer

I use "Ivans Smart TRE"...and my busa always starts right up, has never backfired and idles just fine...even from a cold start with zero choke...to boot?...part throttle responses in the lower rev ranges (like the revs you use for "around town" and/or "slow, tight, technical curves") are smoother and more controlable yet at the same time seems to offer up a stronger pull. I'm very pleased with the smart tre.

Conversly?....why I would wanna pay the same price to yank my clutch to get too the GPS to trick the restricted mapping in ONLY 6th gear eludes me...especially when the smart tre is a 10 minute plug-n-play item that adresses 5 of the 6 mappings.

BTW...I keep hearing all this bad crap about tre's yet those who buy and install ivans smart tre always seem to post that they've experienced nothing but positive results...things that make you go....
Hmmmmmmmm.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
tounge.gif

I use "Ivans Smart TRE"...and my busa always starts right up, has never backfired and idles just fine...even from a cold start with zero choke...to boot?...part throttle responses in the lower rev ranges (like the revs you use for "around town" and/or "slow, tight, technical curves") are smoother and more controlable yet at the same time seems to offer up a stronger pull. I'm very pleased with the smart tre.

Conversly?....why I would wanna pay the same price to yank my clutch to get too the GPS to trick the restricted mapping in ONLY 6th gear eludes me...especially when the smart tre is a 10 minute plug-n-play item that adresses 5 of the 6 mappings.

BTW...I keep hearing all this bad crap about tre's yet those who buy and install ivans smart tre always seem to post that they've experienced nothing but positive results...things that make you go....
Hmmmmmmmm.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
tounge.gif
what?
rock.gif
jinkster put the bottle down!!!!
what maps? you run the stock maps for every gear like Suzuki designed. not one map for all gears like the TRE

Back