TRE again--sorry

djorgensen3

Donating Member
Registered
I know this subject has been beaten to death but I would like to ask a question regarding this modification. I have done several searches here and have not been able to find a good description to make one myself with pictures and notes that tell which wires and colors of wires. I don't want to spend a hundred bucks on something that will only be on my bike for maybe one or two trips above the speed limiter. I just want to experience it once or twice. Yes I have done the requisite mods to make the bike achieve this. I do appreciate any help you all can provide. Once accomplished it will be removed and the bike will be only street driven and drag raced. The people on this board seem a little more than willing to help out other busa owners. Not that the other boards aren't helpful. Again I appreciate any input I can get.

I found this in ONE search....

From SierraFlyer.

"I made a full custom switchable TRE for my Busa about 6 months ago. It ended up costing me about $40 but is very cool (locking switch, LED indicator near the instrument panel, etc.) After playing with it for a day or two, I have never had it out of TRE mode because it works MUCH better than stock. Looking back I probably would just cut the wires between the connector and the GPS and solder in a 10 cent resistor and be done with it.

For those interested, the black and pink wires are the ones to cut and the resistor is soldered between them. You don't have to cut the black wire, it is a ground. But you do have to solder to it. Don't cut the blue wire - that is the neutral indicator and is required for the ECU to work correctly. you will get a "FI" light if you do cut it. This connector is under the fuel tank on the left side (3 wire) and it is cheaper to replace the GPS than the entire harness if you bugger up the wires cuting them. So cut on the sensor side of the connector and give your self a few inches. Also make sure to insulate the exposed wires to prevent shorts."

Back