Travel and tech questions

lllsyntaxlll

Donating Member
Registered
Hi all,

Just got back on Monday from a weekend trip and I have some questions.

As I rode via Germany I had a bit of autobahn fun but have discovered an annoying buffet at 150mph (220kph) over the top of the double bubble windscreen. Anyone else have this problem? As a native Californian I'm suprised to report the speed alot less fun when its not illegal.

I'm also having a problem with power delivery. When the engine is wound up (8k ish) and I let off in an engine braking scenario there is a gnarly stutter before the engine picks back up. If I accelerate without engine braking I have no problem. Its also stalling at stoplights when hot.

The computer comes up clear.

I'm really just looking for some advice as my Czech Mechanic thinks it a bad fuel pump but I disagree (cam chain?) as under normal loads the fuel is there even under harsh acceleration.

Appreciate any help.
Thanks,
-Cliff

PS- It's MotoGP weekend in Brno - anyone around for a pint?

[*]<span style='color:green'>Yea its the wrong color!!! And get rid of those muffler thingy's!!!
rock.gif
You lucky dog...
</span>

Hi all,

Just got back on Monday from a weekend trip and I have some questions.

As I rode via Germany I had a bit of autobahn fun but have discovered an annoying buffet at 150mph (220kph) over the top of the double bubble windscreen. Anyone else have this problem? As a native Californian I'm suprised to report the speed alot less fun when its not illegal.

I'm also having a problem with power delivery. When the engine is wound up (8k ish) and I let off in an engine braking scenario there is a gnarly stutter before the engine picks back up. If I accelerate without engine braking I have no problem. Its also stalling at stoplights when hot.

The computer comes up clear.

I'm really just looking for some advice as my Czech Mechanic thinks it a bad fuel pump but I disagree (cam chain?) as under normal loads the fuel is there even under harsh acceleration.

Appreciate any help.
Thanks,
-Cliff

PS- It's MotoGP weekend in Brno - anyone around for a pint?
On the stalling issue, where do you have the idle set? The busa needs to idle around 1150 rpm or it will stall . Wish I had an answer for the other problem.

Back